Ally Mobile puts everyday banking tasks at your fingertips. It’s fast, secure, and free. All you need is your online banking username and password. You can also access your account quickly using your fingerprint or unique passcode.
• Deposit checks with Ally eCheck Deposit℠
• Transfer money between your Ally Bank accounts and accounts at other banks
• Pay bills, see scheduled payments and review payment history
• Check balances and search transaction history
• View statements and tax forms
• Use Zelle® to pay almost anyone with a bank account in the U.S.
• Find nearby ATMs
• Set up and manage your Ally Bank debit card preferences and control when, where and how your card is used with Card Controls
• Use Ally Assist℠ to get answers to questions you have about your accounts, schedule transfers or payments, and more
• Trade stocks and multi-leg options from your mobile device
• Use advanced charting tools for technical analysis
• Monitor your investments with streaming quotes
• Access today’s market news and market movers
• Check balances and search transaction history
How we protect you
• We never store personal or account information on your phone
• All transactions are encrypted with the same secure technology as online banking
• The login process is the same as online banking, with security codes as an added layer of protection when you log in from a computer or device we don’t recognize
• Our Online & Mobile Security Guarantee protects you against fraudulent transactions
• Ally Mobile is free – your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply
• Compatible with iOS 9.0 or higher
• Deposit Products offered by Ally Bank, Member FDIC
• Securities offered through Ally Invest Securities LLC, member FINRA/SIPC
• Securities are NOT FDIC INSURED, NOT BANK GUARANTEED, and MAY LOSE VALUE
• You may not be approved for real-time quotes
• Minor Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Deposits don’t post in a timely manner
Ally bank is a pretty good online bank as it is really easy to open accounts online and the app is one of the most advanced banking app out there. Since it is an online bank and does not have physical branches or atms that you can use to deposit money, what ally bank has to work on is to post deposits ASAP. Sometimes ach debits get posted before ach credits even though the credits were generated before the debits. Also it will be great if immediate balance gets posted to the account via mobile deposit. Many of the major banks and credit unions offer $200 of immediate credit on mobile check deposits. Another thing, if an ach credit is pending, it’ll be nice to see that as “pending” so I can do something about adding more money to the account. I thought the credit posted to my account but it didn’t and it was just pending and this has brought my account balance to negative and was charged a fee.
In short, understand what your limitations are as an online bank and try working on it to make improvements.
Zelle is glitchy
Prior to Ally partnering with Zelle to handle money sending, they used Popmoney which was a better UX for me. Of the three times I’ve tried to use Zelle to send money via the app, it has only worked once with the other two times it sent me an error along the lines of “invalid productid” which required me to log into the website on my laptop in order to make the transaction. Outside of that, I’ve noticed that both on the site or app, there’s about a 1-2 minute lag from when I submit and get a confirmation to when I actually receive the email. As someone who relies on the confirmation email to have proof of transfer, this lag is inconvenient and a major down to my overall user experience. Outside of this, I think the app is clean and utilitarian. The visualization is great and so is navigation. Please fix the issues with Zelle!
An unfortunate update.
I don’t normally add reviews, but this updated has compelled me to write in. I’ve been using the Ally app since 2013. This update is simply terrible. Why would you ruin something that worked just fine? No new features were added, but now we must wade through four screens worth of disclaimers on the app’s main balance screen—cluttered and confusing. The summary pie chart is now minimized and cannot be larger by default as before. Valuable, usable space is now wasted to provide room for advertising additional products.
I understand that Ally is moving to provide more financial services, including investment and brokerage accounts. Please don’t lose sight of the reason so many of us switched in the first place—good, simple, no-frills banking that just works.
Since Ally has no branch, the website and app are the single most important entrees for customers to interact with their bank. Releasing a new app update that shows this much lack of thought makes me concerned.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.