Almanac Monthly Magazine
By Yankee Publishing Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Old Farmer’s Almanac MONTHLY magazine on iPad
Subscriptions available! Download the iPad app. Then choose a yearly rate of $9.99 for our biggest savings or subscribe for $0.99/month for seasonal articles, advice, and a smile—plus, weather updates. Details below!
Once (a Year) Is Not Enough! For 221 years, as surely as the Sun rises in the east, maple leaves turn color in autumn, and drinking a glass of water while lying across a chair on your stomach cures hiccups, The Old Farmer’s Almanac has been published in September—just as it will continue to be.
However, for fortunate users—like you!—of iPads, this steadfast American icon is now also available monthly in this e-magazine format!
Each edition of The Old Farmer’s Almanac Monthly contains feature articles on subjects that have defined The Old Farmer’s Almanac as a “calendar of the heavens” for centuries—topics such as astronomy, weather, gardening, nature and the outdoors, farming, food, anniversaries, and, of course, the calendar itself. After all, it’s the holidays and other significant events that make the world go ’round. You’ll often find audio and video multimedia content within this Almanac Monthly, making it far more interactive and fun than plain printed pages.
Here are highlights from the February 2014 edition:
• Calendar: Celebrate the Full Snow Moon, the origins of Candlemas (aka Groundhog Day), and more monthly lore. And in February, hearts and minds turn to Valentine’s Day and then, in many cases, to chocolate. Find a little history and a recipe.
• Food: Whether you’re hosting the gang or bringing a dish to the party, you’ll score a touchdown with our crowd-pleasing recipes. Watch the Super Bowl on February 2 with our buffet of appetizers, dips, chili, and dessert.
• Amusement: Ever wonder, How happy is a clam? How mad is a wet hen? And if indeed a silk purse can be made from a sow’s ear? Get the answers to these questions and others presented by familiar sayings.
• Nature: With February thaws kicking off the mating time for skunks, there’s no better time to learn their lore—and how to love them.
• Weather: How do you handle cold weather? Thermophysiologist Gordon Giesbrecht, aka “Professor Popsicle,” of the University of Manitoba dispels 10 myths that many people take for granted.
Almanac Monthly pricing:
●Single Issue Price:$2.99
●Subscription 1 Month: $0.99
● Subscription 1 Year: $9.99
Subscriptions begin immediately with the latest issue after you complete the purchase process.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
Back issues are not part of your subscription but may be purchased as single issues ($2.99).
What's New in Version 5.0
Bug fixes and other improvements.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 07, 2014
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yankee Publishing Inc
- © 2013 The Old Farmer's Almanac
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- March 2014 Edition$2.99
- March 2013 edition$2.99
- December 2013 Edition$2.99
- January 2014 Edition$2.99
- November 2013 Edition$2.99
- September 2013 Edition$2.99
- February 2014 Edition$2.99
- February 2014 Edition$2.99