How many words can you create using letters from the word "veterans"? Would you believe it is possible to form over 150? Test the extent of your vocabulary in Almost Anagrams!
Each game of Almost Anagrams will present you with a randomly selected word from its extensive database. You then see how many words you can create using letters from that word. Remember, this is ALMOST anagrams, so you do not have to use all of the letters in your new words. At the end of the round, a summary of the words found as well as the words not found will be shown. You may be surprised at just how many possible words there are!
Almost Anagrams features 2 modes of play:
1. An exciting timed mode - As the clock winds down from 60 seconds, form new words to add small chunks of time to the clock. See how many words you can find before time runs out!
2. A casual untimed mode - Take all the time you want and find words at your leisure. When you decide you are finished, tap "MENU", then "Quit To Summary" to see how many of the possibilities you found.
More amazing features!
* New "Hint Mode" available during untimed play. When activated it will:
* Reveal the letter count in an available word.
* Allow you to reveal consonants one-by-one.
* Allow you to reveal vowels one-by-one.
* Achievements to unlock
* A database with tens of thousands of words!
* The best interface in a word game of this kind!
*Support for iPhone X.
*Found words list is now alphabetized.
*Found words list auto-scrolls to last submitted word.
Ratings and Reviews
Now 1 of my fav go-to games
I just wish they'd do away w/2 & 3 letter words (@ least 4 or > letters in the words) & rid the database of obscure words. There was 1 word the other day that ended in a "Q" w/o a "U", but Latté (as in a VERY commonly used coffee drink) is NOT a word !!??! Perhaps there's a way to customize how many letters you want to limit in your game (like NO 2 or 3 letter words) in "Preferences" for the your next update 🙏🏼(PLEASE!!)! 🙏🏼. Otherwise great game, challenging & easy interface 👍
One of the best...
Anagram games I’ve had so far. Accidentally deleted my old favorite and was looking for one that was comparable this is the only one that comes close.
My only real gripe is as you scroll through the list of words for one to play, if you’re going too fast there is no back arrow, now that would be helpful.
Simple, addictive, small changes would improve
Two things would make this game much better.
1- I would like to see how many words e.g., 50/67, I’ve found during timed mode.
2- Maybe even more important- find some way to eliminate the obscure, gibberish words. If their really is an audience who just loves to spell things like edh, provide a “Common Words” mode for normal humans. Otherwise players never get to feel that sense of completing/winning unless they only play words with 9 possible words.
3- Some sort of leaderboards - or at least “social comparison” that tells me how good I am compared to others.
- Blind Prophet Software, LLC
- 30.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Blind Prophet Software, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $0.99
- Unlimited Hints $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.