Whether you are photographer, cinematographer or even painter, one oft the fundamental elements when composing a picture or artwork is to visualize and frame. With the ALPA camera the photographer performs this task via the optical viewfinder and masks per focal length/format, via the ground glass, an external viewfinder or other means. The ALPA eFinder app emulates this in an extremely flexible, powerful and easy to operate app on the iPhone/iPod touch. In addition ALPA developed a dedicated iPhone holder for their cameras. Together they build a full-fledge viewfinder.
- Recommended by ALPA of Switzerland
- Join the community on www.facebook.com/vfinder
Use the ALPA eFinder for composing your later image quick, convenient and easy. Or use the ALPA eFinder for comparing and emulating several lenses together in one picture before you even mount a single lens. With a tap you save the image including all the GPS coordinates (in written in the picture plus in the EXIF). Location scouting, preparing your shooting or retrieve your location has never been easier.
The app supports various analog and digital formats as well as all ALPA lenses (including the real lenses with effective focal lengths). You can also customize the focal lengths and formats and overlay other aspect ratios.
Paired with ALPA's ACAM 0.5x super-wide converter lens, the ALPA eFinder II becomes an indispensable tool for landscape and architecture photographers. The combination can simulate super-wide lenses up to around 21mm on an ALPA camera with a digital back. Or you can use it to compose super-wide stitched images. The eFinder II even removes distortion present in the wide converter lens — in real time.
Extends the database with non-ALPA still and motion picture cameras and lenses, making it fully equal to the one shipped with the Mark II Artist's Viewfinder.
Some outstanding functions within ALPA eFinder II:
- save pictures with multiple masks and GPS coordinates
- use original formats as well as overlays with other aspect ratios
- prepare and use up to 20 different camera setups
- use semi-transparent gray masks for frames just by tapping
- use camera-like autofocus, auto-exposure and Quick Control Screen
• Added support for iPhone XS Max and XR screen sizes.
• Added support for iPad Pro 11" and iPad Pro 12.9" 3rd Generation.
• Improved main screen layout for iPhone X, XS, XS Max and XR matches practical still and motion picture aspect ratios better.
• Lab measured angle of views for iPhone XS Max.
• The Quick Control Screen opens much faster when launching the app afresh.
• Improved iOS 12 compatibility.
• The default Toolbar Theme has been changed to Dark & Neutral.
• AF and protective metering is now properly reset to the position indicated by the AF point when changing cameras and when the app comes back from the background.
• Corrected a problem that might cause the Black and White Mode and the Wide Mode function toggles temporarily unresponsive after very low live view frame rates.
• Corrected catalog browser positioning on iPhone X/XS/XS Max/XR.
• ALPA 12 PLUS
• Phase One IQ4 150, IQ4 150 Achromatic, IQ4 100 Trichromatic
WHAT’S NEW IN THE CAMERA PACK
• Canon EOS R
• Fujifilm GFX 50R, X-T3
• Leica M10-D, M10-P
• Nikon D3500, Z6, Z7
Ratings and Reviews
Needs an update for lenses
Ever since the ihpone 7 came out there has been an issue with wide lenses not working. Pleaseeeee update
- DIRE Studio Kft.
- 7.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 DIRE Studio Kft.
- In-App Purchases
- Camera Pack $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.