alpha-read is a unique one on one app. The discovery that letters have sounds that combine to make words is very exciting for the young child. alpha-read systematically guides a parent or teacher to facilitate this discovery with a preschool, kindergarten or early grade child. Sitting alongside the child, the adult helper systematically introduces a new letter sound and then encourages the young student to integrate new as well as learned sounds into words.
This is accomplished through Learn, Review and Mat:
- Learn: This is where a new sound is introduced.
- Review: This is where new and previously learned sounds are reviewed.
- Mat: This is where learnings are integrated.
The alpha-read app:
- teaches letter sounds using key objects
- shows how sounds make words (after only two sounds are learned)
- prevents reading reversals through the use of the green stripe on a Readers Mat
- demonstrates how q always is followed by u
- differentiates between consonant and vowel sounds by color coding
- includes Pointers and step by step guidance for adult helpers to facilitate successful home use
- requires only a few minutes a day
- makes learning fun for both child and adult learning partner
alpha-read has a long history of success. It was introduced in 1982 as a small Learning Kit consisting of 26 cards (each with a picture of a key object to remind the child of the most useful sound for that letter), a Reader’s Mat with a green stripe to show the starting point for spelling and reading and an instruction pamphlet. Now the original alpha-read Learning Kit has been adapted to the app format.
After more than 30 years of proven success, alpha-read continues to provide the foundation for the development of reading and spelling skills!
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.