Alphabear 2 is an original English word puzzle game by Spry Fox, and the sequel to our hit 2015 game!
In Alphabear 2, you spell words by selecting letters on a puzzle grid. When you use letters that are adjacent to each other, bears appear! The more letters you use, the bigger the bear gets, and the more points you earn. Spelling words cleverly is the key to success!
When you solve the puzzles, you'll earn new bears for your permanent collection. These bears can team up to help you in future games! They increase the points you earn, extend your timer, modify the game board, and more.
Fans of the original Alphabear will appreciate the much-improved "bear speech" -- the words you spell will appear in funny cartoons like always, but the all-new templates come with a huge variety of backgrounds and amusing props.
Lastly, a smart dictionary and other new features make Alphabear 2 a great way to improve your English and have fun while doing it!
So what are you waiting for? The best word puzzle game of 2018 awaits! :-)
This update includes a bunch of quality-of-life improvements based on your feedback!
- If you lose an event, you'll now get a consolation prize of honey and/or berries!
- The "no ads" (renamed "ultimate") bundle now includes an increase in your maximum honey amount from 100 to 150, and speeds up honey regeneration time by +10%, in addition to its other benefits! If you've already purchased the bundle, you get this retroactively.
- Depressed letter tiles are now darker and deeper to make them easier to distinguish from unchosen letter tiles.
- More reliable warnings when you're not prepared for an event and need to level up your bears more.
- Coins have been changed to a silver color, to reduce the likelihood that people confuse them with honey.
- The requirements for all tiers of a special event are now displayed, even when the tiers are locked, so you can see everything you'll need to finish the event.
- Tea Bear is now correctly tagged as a "drink" type of bear
- Fixed some balance issues that were causing daily events to have unreasonably high score targets for a small number of players
- The final level requirements for epic special events have been slightly reduced
- When checking the "bear requirements" for a special event, bears of yours that already meet the level requirement are marked with a green checkmark
- Other bugfixes
Thank you as always for your helpful feedback and kind words. We are so grateful! :-)
- The Spry Foxes
Ratings and Reviews
This is one of the most highly polished and feature rich games on the iOS store. This game is free, which is ridiculous as there’s no intrusive ads or forced video watching. Instead they gamify the ad experience with some hilariously meta commentary that has me actually watching ads because I want to contribute to “TV time!” I’m going to “purchase” this game (disabling ads is a little steep at $9.99) but I want to really help this developer be successful. It’s great to learn new words too, which this game has helped me do.
The only negative I’ve found so far is that with someone who has a larger (more verbose!) vocabulary, the game doesn’t really reward you for going way above the required score at the beginning. I’ll sometimes end up with a few thousand points over the limit and a fully completed tile (the largest “biggest bear award”) but I don’t really get rewarded for it aside from some cloth. Would be nice to have the game acknowledge more power players in the early stages and perhaps unlock the medium and difficult modes a little earlier (I’m still on easy as I haven’t progressed to the later chapters yet despite nearly always acing each stage).
Aside from that—this is one of the best and most polished apps on the iOS store and I'm very happy to support it!
Stopped playing at level 4 👎🏻
I much preferred the first Alphabears game. What annoys me about this second one and why I stopped playing it is that they disallow you from bingeing on the game. You can kind of binge for the first few levels, but they’ve created ways to slow and stop your progress starting at level 4 so it takes much longer for you to get through it. It’s probably a financial reason, so they get more longevity (ad views and such) out of each player or something like that. But I went from super excited to frustrated to “meh, never mind.” I don’t have the desire to check in on a game daily for months so I can play the few boards they dole out that day. I even looked at purchasing the game ($10 ain’t cheap) but you still can’t binge—no infinite honey. So why the heck would I buy the game??? I’ll be honest, I’m bummed—I was looking forward to this. But I’ve deleted it off my phone and iPad because it feels like an obligation—one more task I have to do for the day. And when I do want to sit down and do something mindless for a few hours, I get to play a handful of boards and I’m forced to be done. Lame. 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
Good-but need options for more honey
I am glad they came out with a new version as I liked the original and was disappointed when it ended. A few things I would change are the inability to fast forward through the storyline parts. They can be quite long if you don’t really care about time traveling bears. Also, you can buy coins to boost your bears, but there is no way seemingly to buy honey to play games when you run out? You are capped at how many ads you can watch for honey, so you are limited as to how much you can play-even if you are willing to pay. If you played through the last version, you won’t be challenged very much at the first few chapters. I am on chapter 3 and have yet to not win on my first try-but I am reminding myself of strategy, saving boosts and upping my bears for the more challenging levels I know are ahead.
- Spry Fox LLC
- 347.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Spry Fox LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Ultimate Bundle $8.99
- "Farm Fresh" Helper Bundle $9.99
- 200 Coins $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.