ALS Service Locator
By Centers For Disease Control and Prevention
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This CDC iPad application, brought to you by the National Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Registry, has been designed as a way for users to easily access the closest ALS service providers nearest the user’s ZIP code. The application allows a user to pick a particular type of ALS facility (Clinics, ALS Association (ALSA) Chapters or Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) Offices), enter a valid ZIP code and perform a search. Alternatively, a user can use the geolocation feature to find their current location and use the returned ZIP code to perform a search. The results will return a map and table of the five closest ALS facilities nearest the provided ZIP code. The results are ordered from A – E, whereas A is the closest facility and E is the farthest facility. The tabular information contains the facility’s name, affiliation, address, phone and the approximate distance from the provided ZIP code. The map is fully interactive and allows the user to pan and zoom into the facilities location. The user can touch a facility point to get information on that particular facility.
What's New in Version 2.5
- Removed the ‘Search’ button from the user interface and enabled the softKeyboard ‘Search’ button.
- Once results are returned from a search, a user may click on a result and zoom to its location on the map.
- Fix the dpi resolution problem of the map.
Great application to help patients and families find the nearest facilities to offer specialized care for those with this devastating disease. Hopefully future editions will provide more granularity with respect to the depth of pulmonary and gastroenterology services that are needed as the disease progresses.
Ok but needs to have more references and GUI fixes
The Help and Disclaimer icons cause screen corruption that requires program exit to clear. iOS 7, iPad Air.
Locations look good for my area but lack other information for ancillary support services.
Good start but needs to have more references!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Sep 19, 2012
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 26.8 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- © Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.