Venture into the underworld in SEGA’s legendary beat ‘em up Altered Beast, now available on mobile. Play free and fight your way through the legions of hell!
Risen from the grave to fight the terrors of Hades – you are the Altered Beast. Morph into killer predators using mystical power orbs, then claw, maul, and hack your way to the depths of hell to rescue Zeus’ daughter, Athena. Combat waves of demons, overcome grotesque boss battles, and tear the armies of the damned limb from limb!
Altered Beast joins the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Five hellish levels of undead terror, each with their own nightmarish boss battles
- Transform into apex predators – morph into a wolf, bear, tiger, or dragon – each with their own devastating attacks
- Collect mystical power orbs to boost your strength and attack power
- Combat demons from the ruins of ancient Greece to the depths of hell
- All cheat codes from the original present and working
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
- OFFLINE PLAY
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - Download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "A coin-op conversion to the letter" [87%] - Robin Hogg, The Games Machine #19 (June 1989)
- “If you're a fan of beat 'em ups, this one's made for you.” [87%] Computer & Video Games Complete Guide to Consoles Vol. 1 (1989)
- Altered Beast originally featured twice as many action moves, but these were stripped out to make the gameplay simpler and more fun
- The arcade version’s ending implies the entire game was just a play, with the demons being nothing more than actors wearing monster costumes!
- Neff's Rhino form makes a cameo in Wreck-It Ralph (2012) as a member of the Bad-Anon villains support group
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- Originally released in arcades worldwide in 1988
- Altered Beast was a Genesis pack-in title in North America
- Altered Beast was officially ported to NEC's PC Engine and CD-ROM² systems
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, ALTERED BEAST are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
Eyyyy SEGA plz read
So I was just playing this game and I was saying to myself, "Wow! This is pretty dope. I could use a SEGA Genesis." So like, I would really appreciate it if you would send me one. I mean, I could always get one from EBay, but I can't guarantee quality and good condition. I'm also pretty sure model 2 SEGA CD's are expensive and a bit rare, so that would also be appreciated. I honestly don't expect you to reply, but if you did, it would be rlly cool. Srsly you should really reply cuz that would make my day. Honestly I don't know why I'm writing this, I'm just bored, but a SEGA Genesis would make me less bored. I took a lot of time to write this review, so even if you don't send a Genesis, you could at least reply. I have no complaints about this game and it's a pretty good port, so this isn't constructive criticism that you need to reply to and assure the person that you'll fix the app's problems, I just hope that you'll be a nice person and reply. Thank you for your time.
fix controls tho please
nice little port and brings me back to my childhood days that’s why it gets a 5 star rating. however i keep missing the buttons and controls from pad when playing and this makes it quite difficult to play. it as if you need to keep your eyes on the controls the whole time, which is impossible because you need to keep your eyes on the gameplay or you can’t see what’s happening. a suggestion would to fix would be if you didn’t have to press exactly on the buttons or control pad but at least near them. idk, these controls just don’t work at least give us some options. like, instead of having a picture of gamepad on screen just let us press right left up or down and the game corresponds. it’s just too difficult to hit gamepad exactly correct and i always end up crouching instead of walking. please listen to suggestion that would make this game playable. the 5 stars was for nostalgia ... but i wanna play it!!!
Game is fun - controls need improvement
This is the old nostalgic 16-bit arcade game of the 90's, and is still fun to play. Game is pretty straight forward, you're a Greek warrior resurrected from the dead to kick and punch the mess out of the zombies / monsters till you reach the stage boss. The biggest complaint I have of this port to iOS is of the virtual game pad and buttons - I've noticed the response is laggy, at best which causes frustration. Otherwise, it fun to play to pass the time.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for your feedback! I've forwarded this to the developers, who will be reviewing suggestions and problems players experience to help them plan future updates. If you would like to share any additional feedback please contact us at email@example.com.
- Sega America
- 144.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and Altered Beast are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.