By EMSI SOFT
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
AltiChord is a chord dictionary and chord reference application for various stringed instruments like guitar, bass, ukulele, mandolin or bouzouki.
AltiChord supports more than forty-five chord types. Among them are both simple chords and complicated ones used in jazz music, including slash chords (Cm/G).
AltiChord uses sophisticated algorithms to produce the chord charts, which allows it to work well with instruments in standard or custom tuning.
The chord structure is highly customisable so that if your instrument is with three or four strings, you can still see shapes with some intervals omitted.
You can display, compare and practice several different chords at once. They may be the chords of a song or different variations of the same chord.
You can adjust the complexity of the chord shapes shown according to your skill. In addition to the usual chord shapes, AltiChord lets you choose among more difficult chord shapes with two barres and big stretching between fingers.
Several strumming options or finger-picking style are available.
AltiChord allows you to create and experiment with alternate tunings for instruments with three, four, five or six strings in case you do not find your favourite instrument or tuning in the list.
AltiChord features an auto-complete chord entry field that lets you quickly enter chord symbols. You can easily reorder chords using drag and drop over the tokens.
You can mark individual chord shapes as favorites. Then you can switch to a display mode that shows you favorite shapes only. In this way you can build a chord library of your own.
You can drag and drop chord shapes to other applications. The shapes can be transferred as a resolution independent PDF or as a bitmap.
You can see individual shapes in tablature notation so that you could transfer them into your music sheet.
Some other features include:
• Filtering icons for progressively adjusting the chord shape difficulty
- using one, two, three or four fingers
- without barre, small barre, big barre, two barres
- no stretching, small or big (two frets)
- strumming / picking options - the chord shape must include all strings; all strings with possibly omitting few from the lowest, from the highest or allow any string combination (suitable for finger-picking)
• Sorting by fret (neck position) or by difficulty
• Supports left handed players
• Playback of individual chords in three different styles
• Possibility to configure which intervals may be excluded from a chord shape - suitable when there is a separate bass instrument or when trying to play more complicated chords on an instrument with three or four strings. Options to limit how many intervals to exclude at most and how many times a tone may repeat at most in a shape.
• Translate chords from one instrument to another
• Option for showing the shapes for all inversions of the chords
• Options for limiting the number of open and muted strings in a shape
• Supports English (C D E F G A B) and German/European (C D E F G A H) notations
• Drag-and-drop of shapes to other applications
• Supports retina displays
• Runs in sandbox mode
Please visit our support page if you have questions about using the application, if you do not see your favourite feature or if you have suggestions for improvement.
A free trial is available on our web site.
Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook to get notified for new releases and updates.
What's New in Version 1.17
• Full screen mode support
• Performance improvements
• Option to chose the highest note (melodic position) of the chords