Above the placid ivory snow lies a sleepy mountain village, brimming with the promise of adventure.
"A piece of interactive art"
"Best of 2015" and "15 Most Beautiful Games"
"Favorite Apps of 2015"
– The New York Times
"One of the best mobile games"
– The Verge
"Alto's Adventure demands your attention"
"2015 Game of the Year"
– Product Hunt
"Best 2D Visual Experience"
– 2015 Unity Awards Finalist
"One of the best-looking games on the App Store"
“The visuals really are incredible”
– Red Bull
"Best Looking Video Games of 2015"
"Wonderfully tranquil and beautiful"
"Best iPhone apps of 2015"
"I couldn't let Alto's Adventure slide by me"
"Alto’s Adventure for iOS may be the most beautiful endless runner you’ve ever played"
– The Next Web
"Pristine and refined"
– LA Times
"An engaging, relaxing, and beautiful experience."
"Satisfies the soul"
"Alto's Adventure is the endless runner matured"
"Alto’s Adventure is remarkably soothing"
– The New York Observer
"Favorite game of the year"
"A joyous experience"
"One of my favorite games"
"Alto is lovely"
"It’s seriously stunning"
"Alto's Adventure is a brilliant mobile game"
"A beautiful visual experience"
"An elegant ride down nature's greatest landmarks"
– Kill Screen
"A compelling game to play"
– The Washington Post
"Every inch of this game is visually impressive and delightfully charming"
– Business Insider
Join Alto and his friends as they embark on an endless snowboarding odyssey. Journey across the beautiful alpine hills of their native wilderness, through neighbouring villages, ancient woodlands, and long-abandoned ruins.
Along the way you'll rescue runaway llamas, grind rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the mountain elders – all while braving the ever changing elements and passage of time upon the mountain.
• Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
• Procedurally generated terrain based on real-world snowboarding
• Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more
• Easy to learn, difficult to master one button trick system
• Chain together combos to maximize points and speed
• Test your skills with 180 handcrafted goals
• Discover six unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities
• Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for best high score, best distance, and best trick combo!
• Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay dynamic
• Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design
• Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience (headphones recommended!)
• iCloud support. Play on Mac, iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV and your progress will always be in sync.
Alto’s Adventure is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases.
We've made some adjustments to make for smoother gameplay, especially when playing with a large window or fullscreen.
Ratings and Reviews
Updating from 2 to 4 stars w/ recent update
Version 1.0.3 addresses the performance concerns from my previous review, so I'm changing my rating from 2 to 4 stars.
I still would like to see some of the other UI issues addressed, but this performance update makes the game playable and allows the utter charm and delight of this title to be experienced.
Keep it up, Team Snowman!
Still could use a little attention to detail
Performance is great now with the recent update. Now it's as fun to play on the Mac as it is on iOS. Still could use some things like trackpad gestures to navigate the menus and some indication of how to use the wingsuit with the keyboard (Shift).
Thanks for the feedback. We're glad version 1.0.3 resolved your framerate issues. Another way to activate the wingsuit is to use the secondary click on your mouse or trackpad. We're thinking of ways to show these alternative controls without complicating the main tutorial.
too slow to play, brings the rest of macbook down too
Firstly this game lags too much to be able to play it. Secondly, my itunes started to lag in a similar manner (the video seemed to sluggishly skip to the point where the audio was frustratingly out of sync) after downloadting this game. The problem with my itunes video was instantly fixed once Alto’s Adventure was completely deleted and removed from my Macbook.
We're sorry about that experience. Is this happening with the latest version, 1.0.3? If you contact us by email at email@example.com or @builtbysnowman on Twitter we'll be able to figure this out for you.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.