Above the placid ivory snow lies a sleepy mountain village, brimming with the promise of adventure.
"A piece of interactive art"
"Best of 2015" and "15 Most Beautiful Games"
"Favorite Apps of 2015"
– The New York Times
"One of the best mobile games"
– The Verge
"Alto's Adventure demands your attention"
"2015 Game of the Year"
– Product Hunt
"Best 2D Visual Experience"
– 2015 Unity Awards Finalist
"One of the best-looking games on the App Store"
“The visuals really are incredible”
– Red Bull
"Best Looking Video Games of 2015"
"Wonderfully tranquil and beautiful"
"Best iPhone apps of 2015"
"I couldn't let Alto's Adventure slide by me"
"Alto’s Adventure for iOS may be the most beautiful endless runner you’ve ever played"
– The Next Web
"Pristine and refined"
– LA Times
"An engaging, relaxing, and beautiful experience."
"Satisfies the soul"
"Alto's Adventure is the endless runner matured"
"Alto’s Adventure is remarkably soothing"
– The New York Observer
"Favorite game of the year"
"A joyous experience"
"One of my favorite games"
"Alto is lovely"
"It’s seriously stunning"
"Alto's Adventure is a brilliant mobile game"
"A beautiful visual experience"
"An elegant ride down nature's greatest landmarks"
– Kill Screen
"A compelling game to play"
– The Washington Post
"Every inch of this game is visually impressive and delightfully charming"
– Business Insider
Join Alto and his friends as they embark on an endless snowboarding odyssey. Journey across the beautiful alpine hills of their native wilderness, through neighbouring villages, ancient woodlands, and long-abandoned ruins.
Along the way you'll rescue runaway llamas, grind rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the mountain elders – all while braving the ever changing elements and passage of time upon the mountain.
• Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
• Procedurally generated terrain based on real-world snowboarding
• Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more
• Easy to learn, difficult to master one button trick system
• Chain together combos to maximize points and speed
• Test your skills with 180 handcrafted goals
• Discover six unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities
• Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for best high score, best distance, and best trick combo!
• Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay dynamic
• Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design
• Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience (headphones recommended!)
• Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone and iPad and your progress will always be in sync.
Alto’s Adventure is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases.
Even with the recent release of Alto's Odyssey, we wanted to make sure players are having the best Alto's Adventure experience possible. In this update:
• 3D Touch toggle disabled by default to avoid confusion about wingsuit activation.
• Dimmed the Home Indicator on iPhone X for a less obtrusive play experience.
• Fixed a bug that caused iCloud, Haptics, and 3D Touch checkboxes being hard to tap on iPhone X.
• Implemented a consistent icon next to player names on the leaderboard screen.
• Quick Character Select (long press on character icon) will now dismiss properly if you lift your finger during the animation.
• Haptics toggle button will now display properly on iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
• Corrected an issue with the Gift Shop that was causing incorrect cart data to display after starting a fresh cart.
Ratings and Reviews
In this gorgeous twist on the infinite runner, you guide an agile snowboarder down a never-ending mountain, pulling off backflips over icy chasms and grinding along rooftops in sleepy villages. Simple one-finger controls make it instantly accessible, but tackling each level’s trio of challenges requires deft reflexes. With its exquisitely rendered visuals, soothing music, and finely tuned gameplay, Alto’s Adventure is simultaneously serene and exciting.
Oh man that's good
This game. This. H*cking. Game. Oh man, where do I start. How about this? I love it. It is amazing and awesome. And I very much love it. I'd give it five hundred stars if I could. The music is calming and beautiful. The artwork and animation are flawless. The backgrounds are incredible. And the gameplay is simple, smooth, fun, and I love it. I love it to bits. If this game was a person, I would take it snowboarding with me, because this game, as I am a quite a snowboard enthusiast and participant, grabbed my boredom by the throat, threw it in a trash can, and presented me hours of fun. Also, did I mention that this game's design and visuals are so beautifully done that it could bring a tear to the eye of a grown warrior. Oh man, I haven't said anything about zen mode, have I? Well, zen mode is almost cooler than the regular thing. There's no losing, and they weren't kidding when they said headphones were recommended. The music is so beautiful. I just can't stress enough at how beautifully made this game is. To even call it a game is an understatement. It's a work of art. So, just to summarize, I love this game. It's dope. And I'm definitely buying Alto's Odyssey.
Edit: The wing suit adds a whole other level of fun. And the bad reviews must be outdated, because I find that the wingsuit is exactly like the game: Flawless and amazing.
Seriously buy this game it is dope.
Does not deserve the bad reviews.
I’ve seen a couple reviews about the wingsuit activating and deactivating randomly. Let’s clear that up. The wingsuit is toggled through 3D Touch, so when you press hard on the screen it toggles it. There’s also a setting under Settings to turn this behavior off. There will also be a button on the right side of the screen that also toggles it, so turning off the setting will not stop you from using the wingsuit. (The wingsuit is available after level 30, so if the setting isn’t there when you start, maybe it’ll appear once you unlock the wingsuit.) I wish Snowman would reply to the reviews to clear their name, but it doesn’t look like that will happen.
That being said, of course I think Alto’s Adventure is a beautiful game. I’m not usually very fond of arcade-like games, but this one has stuck with me for a long time. You’ve probably already heard of the graphics/artwork. It’s also a well-polished game and feels good to play, especially with friends. Look out for new games by Snowman because the previews on their website look good. Development for those games was probably funded by this game’s sales.
- 154.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Built By Snowman, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.