Above the placid ivory snow lies a sleepy mountain village, brimming with the promise of adventure.
"A piece of interactive art"
"Best of 2015" and "15 Most Beautiful Games"
"Favorite Apps of 2015"
– The New York Times
"One of the best mobile games"
– The Verge
"Alto's Adventure demands your attention"
"2015 Game of the Year"
– Product Hunt
"Best 2D Visual Experience"
– 2015 Unity Awards Finalist
"One of the best-looking games on the App Store"
“The visuals really are incredible”
– Red Bull
"Best Looking Video Games of 2015"
"Wonderfully tranquil and beautiful"
"Best iPhone apps of 2015"
"I couldn't let Alto's Adventure slide by me"
"Alto’s Adventure for iOS may be the most beautiful endless runner you’ve ever played"
– The Next Web
"Pristine and refined"
– LA Times
"An engaging, relaxing, and beautiful experience."
"Satisfies the soul"
"Alto's Adventure is the endless runner matured"
"Alto’s Adventure is remarkably soothing"
– The New York Observer
"Favorite game of the year"
"A joyous experience"
"One of my favorite games"
"Alto is lovely"
"It’s seriously stunning"
"Alto's Adventure is a brilliant mobile game"
"A beautiful visual experience"
"An elegant ride down nature's greatest landmarks"
– Kill Screen
"A compelling game to play"
– The Washington Post
"Every inch of this game is visually impressive and delightfully charming"
– Business Insider
Join Alto and his friends as they embark on an endless snowboarding odyssey. Journey across the beautiful alpine hills of their native wilderness, through neighbouring villages, ancient woodlands, and long-abandoned ruins.
Along the way you'll rescue runaway llamas, grind rooftops, leap over terrifying chasms and outwit the mountain elders – all while braving the ever changing elements and passage of time upon the mountain.
• Fluid, graceful and exhilarating physics-based gameplay
• Procedurally generated terrain based on real-world snowboarding
• Fully dynamic lighting and weather effects, including thunderstorms, blizzards, fog, rainbows, shooting stars, and more
• Easy to learn, difficult to master one button trick system
• Chain together combos to maximize points and speed
• Test your skills with 180 handcrafted goals
• Discover six unique snowboarders, each with their own special attributes and abilities
• Challenge your friends with Game Center. Compete for best high score, best distance, and best trick combo!
• Acquire the wingsuit from Izel’s workshop for an entirely new gameplay dynamic
• Beautifully minimalist and evocative visual design
• Original music and handcrafted audio for an ambient and immersive experience (headphones recommended!)
• Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone and iPad and your progress will always be in sync.
Alto’s Adventure is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases.
Even with the recent release of Alto's Odyssey, we wanted to make sure players are having the best Alto's Adventure experience possible. In this update:
• 3D Touch toggle disabled by default to avoid confusion about wingsuit activation.
• Dimmed the Home Indicator on iPhone X for a less obtrusive play experience.
• Fixed a bug that caused iCloud, Haptics, and 3D Touch checkboxes being hard to tap on iPhone X.
• Implemented a consistent icon next to player names on the leaderboard screen.
• Quick Character Select (long press on character icon) will now dismiss properly if you lift your finger during the animation.
• Haptics toggle button will now display properly on iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
• Corrected an issue with the Gift Shop that was causing incorrect cart data to display after starting a fresh cart.
Ratings and Reviews
In this gorgeous twist on the infinite runner, you guide an agile snowboarder down a never-ending mountain, pulling off backflips over icy chasms and grinding along rooftops in sleepy villages. Simple one-finger controls make it instantly accessible, but tackling each level’s trio of challenges requires deft reflexes. With its exquisitely rendered visuals, soothing music, and finely tuned gameplay, Alto’s Adventure is simultaneously serene and exciting.
Does not deserve the bad reviews.
I’ve seen a couple reviews about the wingsuit activating and deactivating randomly. Let’s clear that up. The wingsuit is toggled through 3D Touch, so when you press hard on the screen it toggles it. There’s also a setting under Settings to turn this behavior off. There will also be a button on the right side of the screen that also toggles it, so turning off the setting will not stop you from using the wingsuit. (The wingsuit is available after level 30, so if the setting isn’t there when you start, maybe it’ll appear once you unlock the wingsuit.) I wish Snowman would reply to the reviews to clear their name, but it doesn’t look like that will happen.
That being said, of course I think Alto’s Adventure is a beautiful game. I’m not usually very fond of arcade-like games, but this one has stuck with me for a long time. You’ve probably already heard of the graphics/artwork. It’s also a well-polished game and feels good to play, especially with friends. Look out for new games by Snowman because the previews on their website look good. Development for those games was probably funded by this game’s sales.
Update: Broken on iPhone. Finally saved all the way back up to purchase the Qing suit AGAIN only to find that it activates and deactivates at random, causing you to crash and making the game unplayable when you have a wingsuit available. This game is so broke, and feedback appears to be ignored by the devs. Avoid! 🤬💩👎🏻
I really liked this game. It’s beautiful, hypnotic, and relaxing. Then, almost precisely as I was admiring how polished it is, the wingsuit which I had saved 7500 credits for (the most expensive unlock in the game) and purchased suddenly disappeared from my inventory, requiring me to save up another 7500 for it a second time. I have the Game Center achievement for obtaining and using the wingsuit, but it’s just *poof* gone from gameplay as if I had never purchased it, occurring right in between two uninterrupted games. One game it’s there, the next it’s not. My theory is it has to do with syncing between two devices. My iPhone’s copy must have overwritten my progress on my iPad while I was playing? I’ve re-synced everything through iCloud but it just doesn’t come back. Brutal bug. If the devs can restore my progress I’ll update my review, but I haven’t found a way to contact them for support. For now my trust in the game is lost. No matter how good any game is, if your progress deletes itself seemingly at random how can you ever progress properly?
- 154.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Built By Snowman, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.