Altunenator for iTunes - Shuffle Smartly
By William Gustafson
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Shuffle smartly and stay in control with Altunenator.
Altunenator ensures that when you’re playing media in iTunes, you don’t hear the same tracks over and over again, day after day. Altunenator can automatically, and dynamically, adjust its skip threshold based on the total run time of the playlist you’re listening to - whether you’ve got a month’s worth of music in each of your playlists, or just a few hours.
Altunenator also gives you a whole new way to control and interact with your media using system-wide keyboard shortcuts that you define. Never let wanting to rate, skip, or add a track to a playlist be a chore again. Forget about having to navigate through iTunes to find the current track and drag it to a playlist or click on its rating stars.
Built with OS X Yosemite in mind, Altunenator looks and runs great in Apple's latest OS. Altunenator fully supports Dark Mode, for those who like stay as distraction-free as possible.
Altunenator’s defining features are:
• Control and interact with iTunes in a whole new way, without disrupting your workflow.
• Record your own system-wide keyboard shortcuts for ultra fast access to Altunenator & iTunes functions.
• Keep your music playback fresh, Altunenator can automatically skip songs you’ve heard recently.
• Effortlessly rate your tracks as they play using keyboard shortcuts.
• Grow your playlists by adding the currently playing track to a playlist using keyboard shortcuts.
• Pause iTunes playback on a timer, from 5 to 30 minutes. Your music will fade in gently at the timer’s end.
• Control iTunes volume independent of your system volume, ensuring you hear alerts and notifications.
• Edit a music track's artist, track title, and album on the fly.
• View song lyrics in your menu bar, or add them to your tracks if they are missing.
• Easily reset a music track's last played date.
What's so special about Altunenator?
Sure, you could create a new smart playlist which only shows tracks you haven’t heard within a given timeframe. But what about your existing playlists? What if you only want to hear songs which haven't played in the last week from your Top Rated playlist? Altunenator makes it easy to quickly and dynamically change what songs you hear, without the need to create new playlists or modify existing ones.
Altunenator requires iTunes 11+ and OS X 10.8+
What's New in Version 3.1
+ Added Launch at login setting
+ Bug fixes and other improvements
If you find Altunenator useful, please consider leaving a review in the App Store. Thank you!
I like this app. Not only does it make iTunes shuffle better (it avoids playing the same songs over and over, as iTunes tends to do on its own) but also displays the song title and artist in the menu bar. I like it. I wish the floating window did not show by default, because I find it distracting. And once you put the artwork on the desktop, there is no visible way to get it off. If these two problems weren’t there, it would get 5 stars for sure.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 10, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 6.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: William Gustafson
- © 2015 William C. Gustafson
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor