By Alcoa Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Earning cash by recycling aluminum cans is more convenient than ever! Alcoa Recyling’s Aluminate app gives you all the tools you'll need to keep track of all the aluminum cans you've recycled, and tells you how much money you may earn by taking them to your nearest recycling center. Quickly find recycling locations nearby. Plus, you can form a recycling team, track everyone's progress and post updates to your Facebook wall.
• Functionality to track team or solo recycling activity
• Set a recycling goal based on cash you’d like to earn and we’ll tell you how many cans you need to recycle
• Set a recycling goal based on number of cans you’d like to recycle, and we’ll tell you how much cash you may be able to earn
• Quickly find recycling centers nearby using GPS or ZIP and our easy to use, in-app interactive map
• Track your progress and view your activity in easy to read pie charts and graphs
• Post your progress or success story to your Facebook wall
• Share results with Alcoa Recycling and your friends via email
• Learn fun facts about recycling
• Learn how to start your own aluminum can fundraiser and get inspired by reading success stories
• Watch entertaining videos such as "An InCANvenient Truth" starring Carl the Can Man
• Aluminate a picture and upload it to Facebook
One can, CAN make a difference. Download Aluminate today and get started!
Have questions or comments about Alcoa Recyling’s Aluminate app? Contact us at AlcoaApp@Alcoa.com
What's New in Version 1.02
- Updated the interactive recycling center locator/map to include SEARS stores that sell ORBIS recycling bins and other environmental products.
This app worked fine for my needs until Apple updated. Now container count entries can no longer be edited, soooo need to pay close attention when entering data. A fix is direly needed, still worth three stars.
When I tried to add a new person to my team it shut off the app and when I reloaded it all the cans I added today were erased!!!! Other than that its been pretty great.
I like the app for what it's intended to do, but any link in it will crash the app and wipe it's memory, making it useless.