Primary care providers can screen, evaluate and treat behavioral symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias from the convenience of their phone in hand, rather than the cumbersome barrier of the electronic health record or computer screen. The San Diego County Alzheimer’s Project Clinical Roundtable, a group of neurologists, psychiatrists, geriatricians and other specialists, developed best practices guidelines based on international evidence to assist primary care physicians deal with the increasing number of patients with cognitive decline.
• 10 Warning Signs
• Algorithm for screening and Red Flag Signs
• Algorithm for comprehensive evaluation
• Algorithm for behavioral management
• Instruments with scoring within the app: Mini-Cog, AD8, PHQ-9, QDRS, IQCODE, MOCA, and SLUMS
• Maintain test scores for future comparisons
• Email test results to yourself to add quickly to electronic health record
UI improvements and bug fixes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.