Follow Lia and Tom on their exciting adventures.
Read, see and hear what they experience!
* Watch funny pictures
* Read colored words
* Hear the text fast or slowly
* The syllables show you where you are
* The syllables show where you are
Encourage your child to learn reading!
* Read daily with your child
* Talk about the illustrations
* Explain the content of the story
* Read to your child
* Point to the current word
* Repeat the same story over and over again
* Encourage your child to read along
* Give your child positive feedback when it reads itself
* Encourage your child to read alive by emphasizing the words
* Now and then give a new book to your child
* Keep its interest alive
This book corresponds to reading stage one. Only letters are used, children learn during the first half of the first grade.
The syllable method teaches playfully the rhythm of the language and provides an easier access to writing. Orthography is not learned phenomenologically (single spellings of words), but systematically (rules of written words).
The constant repetition of words increases the learning and recognition process, which is essential for fluent reading.
Children learn early on how to deal with a wide range of media. As a result the actual process of learning to read moves increasingly into the background. Often a lack of motivation to read longer texts follows insufficient excitement to read.
The target group for these reading learning books are beginning readers and first graders. The texts in the books are short, clearly structured and divided into reading levels. The levels build on each other. The difficulty increases systematically.
The identification with the characters and the lovely illustrations increase the motivation to strengthen reading skills playfully and actively deal with the content of the texts. Thus the individual and independent interest in reading and reliable writing is encouraged.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.