Amaroq for Mastodon
By John Gabelmann
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Amaroq is a lightweight universal client for any Mastodon instance! Simply enter the instance you belong to, log in, and enjoy the all the wonders of the federated social network from your phone.
Features include but are not limited to:
• View all your timelines, whether it's your home, local, or federated
• View and follow all your friends' profiles
• Search your favorite hashtags
• Emoji support for your statuses
• View and participate in threads
• Gif and video upload support
We may be simple now, but there are many plans ahead! If you got any suggestions to improve Amaroq feel free to toot @eurasierboy on mastodon.social or email at email@example.com!
What's New in Version 1.0.4
Version 1.0.4 brings about more stability improvements and bug fixes, among other minor improvements, including dynamic font size support via your Accessibility settings.
• Dynamic font type accessibility support
• Follow request support
• Media urls are now appended to your media posts
• Gif avatars and headers now abide the Disable gif autoplay setting
• You can now cancel out of the login window if desired
• You can now copy text and elect to open toots in safari via the "..." options
• Fixed bugs related to replying to boosts. Replying to a boost should now correctly reply to the boosted toot, not the the boost itself
• Fixed a bug where you could not share your own toots
• Fixed a bug where replies would sometimes incorrectly show the correct user being replied to
• Fixed a bug where self-mentioning was still happening sometimes, despite not being desired
• Fixed a bug where hashtags with special characters would not correctly open
• Minor Awoo Mode fixes
Much more is planned ahead and the sheer number of you that enjoy the app warms my heart. Thank you!
Surprisingly good freshman Mastodon client. It's a nice little app that provides all the features currently available on the web instances. Toot words and media, read your timeline, check out the public timelines, get notifications when people interact with your toots.
I noticed one bug - the Local public timeline includes federated posts. But that's minor and isn't impacting my use of the app. Overall it seems well-made, and I look forward to future enhancements. I'd love to see support for multiple accounts.
Clean, easy to navigate Mastadon UI for iOS
Works on my old 5th gen iPod touch running iOS 9 as well as it does on my new iPhone 7 plus.
Your go-to Mastodon iOS App
For being one of the first Mastodon apps available for iOS, Amaroq is a well designed and full featured Mastodon iPhone client. Two thumbs up!