Amaroq is a lightweight universal client for any Mastodon instance! Simply enter the instance you belong to, log in, and enjoy the all the wonders of the federated social network from your phone.
Features include but are not limited to:
• View all your timelines, whether it's your home, local, or federated
• View and follow all your friends' profiles
• Search your favorite hashtags
• Emoji support for your statuses
• View and participate in threads
• Gif and video upload support
• Multiple instance support
We may be simple now, but there are many plans ahead! If you got any suggestions to improve Amaroq feel free to toot @eurasierboy on mastodon.social or email at email@example.com!
* Pretty sure everyone's been looking for an update! No expense was spared (with a budget of $0) to make sure Amaroq runs as smoothly as it can.
* Have I mentioned that I truly appreciate all the feedback that Amaroq gets, no? Ahh, well I do, even if things have been quiet and not as zany.
* I can't promise that new, bigger features will be coming soon, unfortunately, but they certainly will come Sometime™.
Ratings and Reviews
Still one of the best
Amaroq is slower to add support for new features than some other Mastodon clients. But the app's developer understands the core experience and delivers. There are many interface details that simply work better in Amaroq, and it goes pretty easy on the battery. Honestly it's the only iOS Mastodon app that feels native.
It's not a perfect client - there are some weird bugs, and there are two newer features missing: the custom emoji keyboard, and list-based timelines. Unfortunately there's only one dev, and they have a day job. Still, I keep coming back to this app as a better native iOS experience.
Overall it seems to function okay but why is the text so huge? It makes is difficult to use and awkward to read. I keep redownloading this app periodically because I am hoping that they might add a preference in an update somewhere and then deleting the app again because I find actually using it to be too frustrating. It might be a 5-star app under the text that can be seen from space but I can never manage to use it long enough to find out.
More Bad Than Good.
I like the layout of the app (dark colors), but it’s constantly crashing. I’ve had this problem ever since I got on Masto, over 5 months ago. As of today, it stopped loading ANY media. I can’t post pics & general postings lag. I get paranoid, thinking that Mastodon has gone down! No, it’s just this stupid app.
I’m using Tootdon, from now on. Ppl complain that they store data or something, but at least the app is reliable & there’s also a general list of Instances to access. I can’t find new Instances in Amaroq.
FIX THIS APP. MASTODON DESERVES SMOOTH, SECURE APPLICATIONS.
- John Gabelmann
- 40.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, German, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 John Gabelmann
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.