Amaroq for Mastodon
By John Gabelmann
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Amaroq is a lightweight universal client for any Mastodon instance! Simply enter the instance you belong to, log in, and enjoy the all the wonders of the federated social network from your phone.
Features include but are not limited to:
• View all your timelines, whether it's your home, local, or federated
• View and follow all your friends' profiles
• Search your favorite hashtags
• Emoji support for your statuses
• View and participate in threads
• Gif and video upload support
We may be simple now, but there are many plans ahead! If you got any suggestions to improve Amaroq feel free to toot @eurasierboy on mastodon.social or email at email@example.com!
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Version 1.0.1 brings about some adjustments and bug fixes to the app as a result of the wonderful feedback that Amaroq has gotten in its first hours of life - but most importantly, a slight name change to address a conflict with the well-known music manager. Amarok will now be known as Amaroq. Alternate spelling, same great wolf.
• Fixed a bug where iPad devices were unable to see what they were typing in the instance field of the login screen
• Usernames in favorites/boosts are now truncated instead of shrinking to strange sizes if they are too long for the screen
• Fixed a bug where the app would appear to be logged out sometimes after the app was backgrounded
• Fixed a bug where text toots would hide under a sensitivity warning even though there was no media attached
• Content warnings can now be dismissed via a long-press
• Fixed a bug where some @mentions were not applying proper @username@instance syntax, resulting in mentions going to incorrect accounts
• The notifications tab has been shifted to the right to keep all timeline tabs together
• Tapping an @mention will now open that user's profile
Your suggestions drive the continued development of Amaroq, so feedback is always welcome!
Surprisingly good freshman Mastodon client. It's a nice little app that provides all the features currently available on the web instances. Toot words and media, read your timeline, check out the public timelines, get notifications when people interact with your toots.
I noticed one bug - the Local public timeline includes federated posts. But that's minor and isn't impacting my use of the app. Overall it seems well-made, and I look forward to future enhancements. I'd love to see support for multiple accounts.