Amazon Music with Prime Music
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Expand your music collection with Amazon Music that includes Prime Music.
Prime members enjoy unlimited, ad-free access to over a million songs, expert-programmed Prime Playlists, and ad-free Prime Stations for FREE. Listen anytime, add to your collection or download to play offline.
Deciding what to listen to is simple:
• Start an ad-free station by a genre or an artist and enjoy unlimited skips. The more you listen, the more personalized your stations get.
• Find playlists by genre, artist or the top 50s programmed by music experts. We've done the work for you so you don't have to.
• Discover something new with song and album recommendations personalized just for you.
• Search or Browse through the Prime Music catalog.
In addition to Prime Music, the free Amazon Music app lets you stream your music library from the cloud or play locally on your iOS device:
• Play music you’ve bought from Amazon – MP3 or AutoRip CDs or Vinyl. Your Amazon purchases are stored for free in the Amazon cloud.
• Import your iTunes music collection to the Amazon cloud by visiting www.amazon.com/musiclibrary on your PC or Mac. Once imported, the music is available on your iOS device and all other Amazon Music apps.
• Play music already stored on your iOS device – you can mix with Prime Music songs to make the playlist of your dreams!
Visit us at:
What's New in Version 4.4
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Very Nice not having commercials
Other than a couple shortcomings in comparison to Pandora (which I exclusively used the free version). It has been great and I don't miss the Ads. I do wish there was the feature for no explicit lyrics, as the other service has. It's nice to have for when around the young kids. But, at least I'd be playing their music and the problem I had there previous was with the Ads, not the music.
Another feature request is for the player (App) to automatically load the last playlist I was listening to. I'll have to double-check settings and see if it is something to turn on, but I do miss that coming from Pandora. It was nice to be able to get in the car and usually my playlist would continue where it left off. Whereas now, I have to go into the app and manually select that I want to play that playlist again.
This is a fantastic service, it's the only music streaming service I use now. Being able to move around and replay a track on the radio is great. Whole album availability is also awesome (but has a limited selection).
The UI is a little wonky. I would like an easier way to see song history and thumbs up/down songs after they have already played. The easiest way to do this for me has been to back up to the song to rate it (causing it to play again and lose where I was on the current song) - I'd like a better way to do this.
It's also difficult to navigate through the different features in the app. Getting to an album if you're listening to a playlist requires going back to the home menu and searching for the artist.
Couldn't Live Without It!
Prime music has become a huge part of my day...every day. It is far superior to Pandora, hands down. I am a music lover and a huge fan of most every genre. Whatever album I'm in the mood to hear, more often than not I can cue it up on the Prime music app quickly and easily. I love being able to listen to the entire album vs what track Pandora wants me to hear. If I had to list one complaint, I would say that there have been times I've searched on the app for an album I was certain I would find, only to come up short. Aside from that, I love it. The music alone makes the Prime membership worth the cost. I'll be renewing it every year!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 21, 2015
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 38.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.