Amazon Fire TV Remote
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Fire TV Remote App enhances the Fire TV experience with simple navigation, a keyboard for easy text entry (no more hunting and pecking), quick access to your apps and games, plus voice search. Voice search is powered by the same voice search engine as Amazon Fire TV and supports the entirety of Fire TV’s integrated video, app and game catalogue. Note that voice search does not work directly inside individual applications such as Netflix.
• Voice Search
• Simple Navigation
• Playback Controls
• Keyboard for simple text entry
• Quick access to your apps and games
• Multicast-enabled router required
• Designed for simple navigation and playback control of Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
• For gameplay, use the remote included with your Fire TV or the optional Amazon Fire TV Game Controller
What's New in Version 1.0.13
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Better than the remote it comes with
My mom lives next door and I let my dad use one of our firetv sticks. The remote to that one just scrolls and won't stop.
Not only does the app see the firetv stick at my house, but it sees the one next door.
I've taken the firetv stick with me on trips and it is tricky to get it set up to the wifi at hotels, but I have to rename the hotspot on my phone to the same as the hotel and use another phone but I can get it to work, and then usually the wifi is too slow at the hotel.
I love my firetv over the smart tv I had, because there are more options.
I was also able to download an app and stream live video to the tv and watch the tribal canoe journeys for hours this summer.
So overall, I love my firetv stick, I only wish I could've or would've figured out how to steam NFL mobile, so I could've watched the Seahawks on the big screen.
P.S. Direct TV is terrible. I had them as a provider and they call me at least 2-3 times a week to try to get me to resubscribe since I've disconnected a year ago.
ANSWERS TO BAD REVIEWS 👆🏼👇🏻👍🏻👎🏻
1. Let's just start with the blatantly obvious. There's no doubt that this app is 💯X superior to the included most basic remote imaginable. 👌🏻size aside from being so easily lost. I have both CURRENT PREVIOUS MODELS . I think the new
Voice remote is 👌🏻👍🏻 size but I'd rather have volume & power button than a voice remote, that doesn't always work. Luckily capable of unheard of possibilities...
2. I would say now a day's the vast majority of consumers can type on an actual keyboard in your finger tips unless to swipe thru each key n click ☝️ 🔑 @ a time... I'll pray for you.
3. The app has a favorites tab which allows you to jump from app to app without having to hit the uturn button 15 times consecutively.
4. Long story short unless you still stuck with a flip phone than you must have the
Okay, in all fairness, the app is decent but connectivity is atrocious. I can be using the app perfectly fine and have it suddenly disconnect me. I will attempt to reconnect several times before it tells me that my fire stick is no longer on the network, yet it will still be functioning. The remote that came with the fire stick is fine, but the navigation on it is pretty minimal. The whole reason the app is useful is that it allows you to use a full keyboard, but this is all together pointless if you can never stay connected long enough to type anything. Would give it 0 stars if that were possible. Absolute garbage.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 11, 2017
- Version: 1.0.13
- Size: 31.2 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.