Amazon Instant Video
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch anywhere, anytime. Get unlimited streaming of more than 40,000 movies and TV episodes, including Amazon Originals you won’t find anywhere else. It’s all included with Prime Instant Video, available at no additional cost with an Amazon Prime membership. You can also watch any video you rent or purchase from the more than 140,000 videos available from Amazon Instant Video.
Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library for offline viewing on airplanes, road trips, or when a Wi-Fi connection is unavailable. When you find a movie or TV show you want to save for later, add it to Your Watchlist. It’s your custom list of videos chosen by the person who knows you best — you!
Start watching a video on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, and Whispersync technology automatically keeps your place between devices. You can resume watching your video from where you left off on a Kindle Fire HD, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, Mac, or hundreds of models of connected TVs and Blu-ray players.
Amazon Instant Video for iPad requires a Wi-Fi connection to stream videos. Streaming over a cellular connection isn’t supported. You can watch your downloaded videos without a Wi-Fi connection. The Amazon Instant Video app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch is designed for an unmodified version of iOS.
With Amazon Instant Video, you can:
• Stream thousands of Prime Instant Video titles at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch videos you’ve bought or rented from the more than 140,000 videos available from Amazon Instant Video.
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library for offline viewing.
• Watch on your Apple TV using AirPlay (requires iOS 6 or later)
• Watch on your TV using HDMI and your Apple Digital AV Adapter (requires iOS 6 or later)
• Shop more than 140,000 videos available from Amazon Instant Video on the Amazon website.
• Add videos to Your Watchlist from a PC, Mac, or Kindle Fire HD for later viewing on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
• Subscribe to a TV Season Pass by visiting the Amazon website. Your episodes will automatically be available in your Amazon Instant Video app the day after the show airs.
• Start watching on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, and resume watching right where you left off on a Kindle Fire HD, PlayStation3, Xbox 360, PC, Mac, or hundreds of models of connected TVs and Blu-ray players with Amazon Whispersync.
What's New in Version 2.5
• Optimized for iOS 7 including a new, updated look and feel
• Bug Fixes and stability improvements
Captions/Subtitles Don't Work
I like this app overall and use it a lot. However, closed captions/subtitles don't work even when turned on, which makes watching some things difficult for the hearing impaired. Once in awhile they randomly work but usually they don't. They used to work all the time but recent updates have killed this feature. I would watch more on my pad if they would work.
WiFi only App
Would love to use this app over cellular but since it only works with wifi, it's useless when on the go. I have unlimited data with no cap and would use this constantly if they allowed cellular. But all you can do is browse. If they would take off the wifi only restriction, this app would be tons better. The UI is nice and easy. Just fix its access.
Needs Chromecast support
With all the other streaming services available and the cost of Prime going up, this update doesn't make instant video worthwhile. I'll likely not renew unless they add support for Chromecast so that it makes additional current season content purchases worthwhile.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 07, 2014
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 36.5 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2014 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.