By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly stream movies and TV shows. Amazon Video includes tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes available on Prime Video at no additional charge to Prime members, as well as access to hundreds of thousands of titles to buy or rent. Prime members can instantly stream tens of thousands of titles including award-winning Amazon Original Series like the multi Golden Globe winning comedy Transparent and the multi Emmy award-winning kid’s series Tumble Leaf, to iPhones and iPads. In addition, select titles are available to download for offline viewing at no additional charge. You can also access titles you bought or rented from the catalog of hundreds of thousands of titles including new release movies and current TV shows, to stream or download to your iPhone or iPad.
With Amazon Video:
• Stream tens of thousands of titles available on Prime Video at no additional charge to Prime members, with select titles available for download and offline viewing
• Access to hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes you bought or rented including new release movies or the latest TV programming, with the ability to download titles for offline viewing
• Stream movies and TV shows even without Wi-Fi, with cellular streaming functionality
• Watch on your Apple TV using AirPlay (requires Apple TV 2nd generation or later)
• Watch on your TV using HDMI and your Apple Digital AV Adapter
• Stream the first episode of selected TV shows for free. First Episode Free videos include advertising before and during your videos
• Add videos to Your Watchlist from any Amazon Video compatible device for later viewing on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
The app is designed for an unmodified version of iOS.
What's New in Version 3.2
You can now download Prime movies and TV shows and watch them offline
Just the fact that I can now download movies to watch online is pretty epic. While playing around with it, though, I discovered that there is no organization of your downloads. To remove a downloaded movie, I have to seek out the movie, select it, then choose to delete the download. Please provide s little section where I can view everything that I've downloaded locally so it's easier to manage my files. That's all I need to make this a five-star app.
Does not show downloads
I really appreciate being able to download videos, but you need to remember what you've downloaded because the app does not show them. After downloading a number of videos for a future trip I could not remember which ones. I wound up deleting the app, which also deleted content and reinstalled. Fix this BIG error and I would give the app a 5.
I like the fact that you can download and watch offline, but there's no way to organize what you've downloaded. And also, please make it to where I can purchase straight from the app. I don't own a laptop that I can take with me everywhere, so this makes purchases difficult.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 01, 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 34.3 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.