Amazon Instant Video
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly stream thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost with an Amazon Prime membership. You can also watch any video rented or purchased from the more than 200,000 titles available from Amazon Instant Video.
Prime members can watch exclusive Amazon Originals like Transparent - winner of two Golden Globes for "Best TV Series, Musical or Comedy" and "Best Actor in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy" - the new hit show, Mozart in the Jungle, plus children’s series Creative Galaxy and Tumble Leaf. The service features dozens of groundbreaking series from HBO like The Sopranos and The Wire, plus early seasons of True Blood and Boardwalk Empire.
With Amazon Instant Video, you can:
• Stream thousands of Prime Instant Video titles at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch videos you’ve bought or rented from the Amazon Instant Video website.
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library for offline viewing on airplanes, road trips, or when a Wi-Fi connection is unavailable.
• Watch on your Apple TV using AirPlay (requires iOS 6 or later and Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
• Watch on your TV using HDMI and your Apple Digital AV Adapter (requires iOS 6 or later).
• Stream the first episode of selected TV shows for free. First Episode Free videos include advertising breaks before and during video playback (requires iOS 6 or later).
• Add videos to Your Watchlist from any Amazon Instant Video compatible device for later viewing on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
The Amazon Instant Video app requires a Wi-Fi connection to stream videos. Streaming over a cellular connection isn’t supported, but you can watch your downloaded videos without a Wi-Fi connection. The Amazon Instant Video app is designed for an unmodified version of iOS.
What's New in Version 2.9.8
• Airplay performance improvements
• Playback improvements for iOS 8
Would be better if wifi wasn't required
The title says it all. I would enjoy this app more if I was actually allowed to use my data plan. I'm one of the lucky ones with unlimited data. I understand most people are limited, but a simple warning message about exceeding your data plan would suffice. Bosch is a great show, and I also love being able to watch things other services don't have, like Chappelle's Show, the various Stargate series, etc. However, I'm not always at home when I want to watch! Sometimes I'm just sitting in a parking lot waiting for someone and need to kill some time. I guess I'll just keep using Hulu/Netflix instead.
Problems from update
Hi. I'm Sydney. I think this a great app, but a few things have been driving me crazy. As soon as I updated the app, a whole bunch of glitches and bugs began, so ever since I've updated, it's not been letting me watch my favorite movies that aren't in other apps. The thing that would NOT let me watch any episodes was that when I click on the show I want to watch, it loads forever. Sometimes wait I long time to see if it finishes loading, but it never does. So, yeah. I think maybe we could probably have another update? You guys have made a great app, it's just a few glitches, that's all.
Great App - Needs Small Fixes
I use this app constantly, and overall it's pretty great. I would LOVE a feature where it would go automatically to the next episode or where you could put a bunch of episodes on a playlist that would play through automatically in any order I want.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 21, 2015
- Version: 2.9.8
- Size: 34.0 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.