Amazon Instant Video
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly stream thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost with an Amazon Prime membership. You can also watch any video rented or purchased from the more than 200,000 titles available from Amazon Instant Video.
Prime members can watch exclusive Amazon Originals like Transparent - winner of two Golden Globes for "Best TV Series, Musical or Comedy" and "Best Actor in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy" - the new hit show, Mozart in the Jungle, plus children’s series Creative Galaxy and Tumble Leaf. The service features dozens of groundbreaking series from HBO like The Sopranos and The Wire, plus early seasons of True Blood and Boardwalk Empire.
With Amazon Instant Video, you can:
• Stream thousands of Prime Instant Video titles at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch videos you’ve bought or rented from the Amazon Instant Video website.
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library for offline viewing on airplanes, road trips, or when a Wi-Fi connection is unavailable.
• Watch on your Apple TV using AirPlay (requires iOS 6 or later and Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
• Watch on your TV using HDMI and your Apple Digital AV Adapter (requires iOS 6 or later).
• Stream the first episode of selected TV shows for free. First Episode Free videos include advertising breaks before and during video playback (requires iOS 6 or later).
• Add videos to Your Watchlist from any Amazon Instant Video compatible device for later viewing on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
The Amazon Instant Video app requires a Wi-Fi connection to stream videos. Streaming over a cellular connection isn’t supported, but you can watch your downloaded videos without a Wi-Fi connection. The Amazon Instant Video app is designed for an unmodified version of iOS.
What's New in Version 2.9.9
• Improvements in app reliability
• Improved offline experience with scene previews during fast forward and rewind
Let us use our data please
I find it frustrating that I must have wi-fi to watch movies when I have unlimited data on my phone. The app crashes often or tells me that even with wi-fi that it won't play the movies and I have to call customer support for help. The only help I and it seems, a lot of other people need is for you to completely re do this app so we can play our movies on our data plans!
Pretty good app
Honestly, I don't mind that it's a wifi-only app. The app never crashes or glitches for me. The only thing it really needs to make it a 5 star app is a bigger selection of tv shows/movies.
Like many people, my only REAL issue is not being able to use unless on wifi...sometimes not near wifi, but have unlimited data... Other than that I like it. Please fix this.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 24, 2015
- Version: 2.9.9
- Size: 34.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.