Amazon Instant Video
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly stream thousands of movies and TV shows at no additional cost with your Amazon Prime membership. Watch any video rented or purchased from the more than 200,000 titles available from Amazon Instant Video.
Prime members also get unlimited streaming of exclusive Amazon Originals. Watch Transparent — winner of two Golden Globes for "Best TV Series, Musical or Comedy" and "Best Actor in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy," the new hit show, Mozart in the Jungle, and original children’s series Creative Galaxy and Tumble Leaf.
With Amazon Instant Video, you can:
• Stream thousands of Prime Instant Video titles at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch videos you’ve bought or rented from the Amazon Instant Video website.
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library for offline viewing on the go when you don’t have a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
• Watch on your Apple TV using AirPlay (requires Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
• Watch on your TV using HDMI and your Apple Digital AV Adapter.
• Stream the first episode of selected TV shows for free. First Episode Free videos include advertising before and during your videos.
• Add videos to Your Watchlist from any Amazon Instant Video compatible device for later viewing on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
The Amazon Instant Video app now supports streaming videos with both Wi-Fi and mobile data plans. The app is designed for an unmodified version of iOS.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
• Improved download status experience in “Your Video Library”
• Bug fixes & stability improvements
Much Better than Apple's Video app
My only complaint is the lack of a chapter selection feature. But this is far and away a better player than the Apple Video app. I don't get the wifi drops or screen hangs that I constantly get with Apple's app. And the forward & rewind controls work much better. For these reasons, I've stopped buying video from iTunes and don't see why u would ever go back.
Reset viewing history
I think this is a great app. However, there needs to be a way to reset the viewing history for a show that's already been watched. If my husband watches a TV series and then I watch it, there's no way to clear out what he watched so I can easily start from the beginning. It just keeps showing each episode as already viewed. Surely you can make this easier for those of us with a multi-person household.
One thing missing
I would have given the app 5 stars but it's got one thing missing.
I would like to see queuing , the ability to pitch 3,4, or more movies to watch one after the other or be able to select an entire season and watch it one episode after the other . One more thing would be nice , the ability to clear watched history so if I wanted to watch something again it would not be such a hassle
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 06, 2015
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 38.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.