By AMZN Mobile LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go.
eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• With your newsfeed you can discover what the readers you trust are reviewing and rating highly to find your next great read, and discuss the books, passages and ideas that inspire you while only being one tap away from diving back into your book.
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
What's New in Version 6.2.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Give us a Kindle Light
I do this every time a new version comes out because each shares a common problem. This app is too big, bloated and full of irrelevant features. Not everyone has a 128 GB iPhone. In my case, storage space is so tight, I've taken this reader off, which means I have no reason to buy Kindle books—even though I've written some myself. Give us a Kindle Lite that's for reading only. You are a huge company. You can afford it.
And yeah, I know you're not the only offender. the Walmart app is equally bloated and for much the same reason. Companies keep adding features under the assumption more is better. it isn't. You're off my iPhone. The Walmart app is next in line.
The "improvements" that have been made & the integration of Goodreads are not things I care about. In my opinion, the app has taken several steps back with this last upgrade.
It's sooo slow now, opening or closing. Sometimes, I have to restart the app several times before I can even navigate to the book I want ~ if I don't give up first. I don't like the layout; it was simpler & more efficient before.
The least the App store could do is offer an option to use a previous version. I was using version 5.13.1 which worked great but unfortunately I cannot figure out how to go back.
Problems With Updates
I loved the app since downloading. However, the upgrades seems to have affected some of the functionality. Syncing between different devices does not seem to work. Also I only want to see the books actually on the device, not everything purchased. It is time consuming scrolling through all purchases. After I read a book I like to remove it from the device, only keeping items I have not read.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jan 12, 2018
- Version: 6.2.1
- Size: 176 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.