Amazon Music with Prime Music
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Expand your music collection with Amazon Music that includes Prime Music.
Prime members enjoy unlimited, ad-free access to over a million songs, expert-programmed Prime Playlists, and ad-free Prime Stations for FREE. Listen anytime, add to your collection or download to play offline.
Deciding what to listen to is simple:
• Start an ad-free station by a genre or an artist and enjoy unlimited skips. The more you listen, the more personalized your stations get.
• Find playlists by genre, artist or the top 50s programmed by music experts. We've done the work for you so you don't have to.
• Discover something new with song and album recommendations personalized just for you.
• Search or Browse through the Prime Music catalog.
In addition to Prime Music, the free Amazon Music app lets you stream your music library from the cloud or play locally on your iOS device:
• Play music you’ve bought from Amazon – MP3 or AutoRip CDs or Vinyl. Your Amazon purchases are stored for free in the Amazon cloud.
• Import your iTunes music collection to the Amazon cloud by visiting www.amazon.com/musiclibrary on your PC or Mac. Once imported, the music is available on your iOS device and all other Amazon Music apps.
• Play music already stored on your iOS device – you can mix with Prime Music songs to make the playlist of your dreams!
Visit us at:
What's New in Version 4.0.2
- Playback interruption affecting iPhone 4/4s devices fixed
- Additional bug fixes
- Introducing ad-free Prime Stations with unlimited skips
- Personalized recommendations on Prime songs, albums, and playlists
- New design for easier browsing of Prime Music and your library
- Simplified navigation and faster performance
Love it (sort of)
I love the selections and amount of selections. I like that it is easy to use and I didn't have a lot of trouble figuring out how to use it. The one problem I have had with it is using it away from home. It seems to take way too long to connect and start playing. I like to use it when I go for walks but find it very frustrating to have to wait and wait for it to start. Sometimes I have given up on it and it will suddenly start playing, scaring the heck out of me. Other than that I really like it. I also like having the lyrics included on some songs wished that all lyrics were included. All in all would recommend it.
Pretty good, could be better
I like that there's a variety of stations and I appreciate discovering new artists when I listen to modern folk station, but it seems like there needs to be more variety and random play within the stations. It seems like there's a set playlist that plays in the same order and/or repeats songs too soon on some of the stations. I also can't figure out if there's an option for creating a station out of your favorite music, or indicating you want more songs similar to a particular song, and less of another type of song--that should be an option for a 'prime' service you are paying for. If it is an option and I didn't find it then I need this to be more user friendly.
Happy with it, could be better
I am so happy to have a commercial free alternative to Pandora, and free with my Prime membership. It seems easier to use. A plus is that you hear a lot of music that you don't otherwise hear elsewhere, but a downside is that if I type in an artist, it seems to play random songs from that time frame (and sometimes a decade later). I wish it would be a little more intelligent and play the type of music rather than timeframe with different genres. For instance, if I type in Beegees, I am more interested in disco than random songs from the 70s/80s. I'm sure this will improve. I am just happy it's offered!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 13, 2015
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 32.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.