Amazon Prime Video
By AMZN Mobile LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Stream movies and TV shows recommended for you, including Prime Originals like The Grand Tour, The Man in the High Castle, and award-winning kids series Tumble Leaf.
• Customers with Prime can stream a vast library of movies and TV shows at no additional cost.
• Customers in the U.S., UK, Germany, Austria, and Japan can watch videos purchased or rented on Amazon.
• Download movies and TV shows over Wi-Fi or cellular to watch anywhere, anytime.
• Prime members in India can enjoy hundreds of top Bollywood and regional Indian hits like Sultan, Baar Baar Dekho, Kabali, Dhoom series and more!
• View IMDB data about the actors, songs and trivia related to your videos during playback with X-Ray.
• Watch on your Apple TV directly by downloading the separate tvOS app (requires Apple TV 3rd generation or later)
• Wirelessly stream from your phone to TV using AirPlay (requires Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
• Add videos to your Watchlist to watch later on any other Prime Video-compatible device.
• Access hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes you bought or rented including new release movies or the latest TV programming, with the ability to download titles for offline viewing.
• Start watching the next episode of the show you are currently streaming automatically with Auto Play.
If you subscribe to Amazon Prime Video via iTunes where available, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase and your membership will automatically renew monthly unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the then current membership period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours before the end of each membership period at the rate of your selected plan. You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal anytime by going to My Account or through iTunes.
What's New in Version 5.1
• Watch on your Apple TV directly by downloading the separate tvOS app (requires Apple TV 3rd generation or later).
• Universal Search now supported – search for Prime videos using iOS search (US, CA, AU, NO, & SE only).
• iPhone X support.
doesn’t work like it’s supposed to
So the app is pretty good when it works and it’s worked mostly well for the couple of years I’ve been a prime member. I like that if you tap the screen while watching something you can learn more about the actors or general trivia about the scene. It’s also nice that I could easily pick up where I left off. For a long time the last thing I watched would appear at the top.
But I noticed lately that I sometimes have to search the title of what I was in the middle of watching if I stopped midway. It’s especially frustrating if I’m tired and the title doesn’t come to mind right away.
The most frustrating problem I’ve had lately is videos not playing at all. I get an error message saying it can’t connect to the Internet. But I have no problems streaming videos or music in other apps or browser. It’ll be hours before it’ll let me watch anything.
Ok movie but...
In the last scene the gross mispronunciation of baklava (supposed to be bock-la-vaah) to be “book lava” was just crazy. Both actors mispronounced it so it clearly wasn't supposed to be a joke, but they really don't know the greek dessert’s correct pronunciation. I cannot believe one person on the production staff didn't catch this. Also, when the desert scene happens (without an any spoilers) they climbed forever to get to this place yet you suddenly hear a siren. Sirens? Did an ambulance just drive in? It would appear that they ran out of money and interest in editing so they screwed up the ending colossally. Too bad. Otherwise a decent movie.
Content is good. Discoverability is bad.
Yeah, the app does its job streaming video to your devices but the UX is hot trash. General browsing and discovering movies / shows is plain terrible. Why do the movies I’ve already watched fall under the top category of Up Next? Why does every row have repeated suggestions, no different than the rows above and below it? This is just a few things I can think of off-hand. This needs to be rearchitected or tweak the backend to serve up something useful - unless you know exactly what you want, good luck finding anything easily.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 12, 2017
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 77.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2017 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Prime Video Monthly$8.99