"Redefine gamebooks with Ambar’s Fate" - Indie Game Magazine
"If you’re a fan of fantasy, gamebooks, or RPGs, check it out." - Mac Sources
"Ambar’s Fate is definitely a fun adventure, and worth a play" - AppAdvice
"9/10" - Appszoom
"8/10" - Brewelist
Embark on an adventure in which your choices will save (or not!) the people of Ambar of a terrible disease that’s killing everyone. Create your own character, get ready to read and choose the right path, carefully deciding where to go and what to do every step of the way.
Your journey will start on the Island of Ambar, a peaceful place devoted to worshipping the Great Goddess, run by Druids and attacked by a strange, incurable and lethal disease. The Goddess has chosen you to you undertake a misión that will take you to discover the origin of the disease and, hopefully, return to your home with the cure. But your travels will not be easy and you’ll find enemies, conspiracies, riddles and mysteries that will make it difficult to make it alive.
Enter a gamebook in the style of the classics and let your imagination fly. Don’t dive up to despair, though, because in your hands lays Ambar’s Fate.
• Create your own character or play a predefined one.
• You choose your own path.
• According to the skills or talents you choose, different options will be available to you.
• Fight and kill monsters and enemies, or avoid them using your skills.
• Choose the most appropriate strategy for each fight.
• Enjoy the original soundtrack.
• Discover high-quality, full color illustrations specially created for the App.
• Play for hours ... and when you’re finished, start again to find a different ending.
• Find items, weapons and potions to help you on your mission.
• Sell what you no longer need and purchase items that will give you the necessary push to succeed.
• Experience an original story, specially created for this format.
• Immerse yourself in a world of Celtic atmosphere with amazing legends and mysteries to discover.
• Meet many characters who will make your journey easier ... or harder.
Ecnaris Games is a small company that is taking its first steps in the world of creating games. This is our first project: Ambar’s Fate, an application available for iPhone and iPad.
Ecnaris is formed by a group of friends that bring our different expertise in the fields of the writing, programming, design, illustration and especially creativity, to pursue ideas and projects that we are passionate about. The most important thing for us is having fun and making you have fun. Ambar’s Fate is the gamebook we'd like to play and we want to share it with you all.
FIND US ON
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Please let us know. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- App size drastically reduced!
- Fixed bug where App crashed after a battle. Thanks for the comments!
Ratings and Reviews
Nice, but too luck-based.
I'd first like to mention I am new to "dice-rolling" type games, so my review might be a bit biased. I have spent a few hours on this game, and after my 6th attempt on fighting two enemies after walking through some fog (not my first battle I had many attempts on), I thought I'd mention two things that ruin the mood of the game for me.
1.) Battles are too dependent on the random number generator. I understand that it is a D&D type of game but it gets frustrating when an enemy I am stronger than blocks attacks and hits multiple times in succession. Even worse when there's two, then you fail to block twice in a turn. Perhaps input a system (like a meter) where there's time to roll that has a higher chance to roll higher numbers (if there is, I'm sorry as I haven't found it yet).
2.) Same concept as #1, except battles can get dragged on for too long when the enemy blocks your attack, and then you block the enemy's attack, multiples times.
I like the game and I really want to get into it more, but it just gets frustrating for me when the battle becomes one-sided against me due to pure luck.
Simply put, this game is exactly what the title of this review says, AMAZING!!
Everything about it is just great! The music and sound effects - beautiful; pictures and visual stuff - very pretty! And storyline- INCREDIBLE!
My only complaint would be that I wish it went on for longer! (Which can hardly be called a complaint, it's more positive than anything haha)
But yeah, great game, only thing is: combat and a few other minor things can get a little confusing but overall, I LOVEEE ITT!!!
So, so good
I played a game that cost 10x as much the day before and this one blew it out of the water. Really good. The only complaint is a few spelling/grammar errors. 'Had' instead of 'head' that sort of thing. But it's way better translated then some of the games on here and the gameplay is so good.!!!
- PENSODROMO, S.L.
- 196.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2015 Ecnaris Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.