This official application from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children® (NCMEC) is designed to help in the search for and safe recovery of missing children. It includes:
‣ A real-time feed of active AMBER Alerts including information about the victim, the abductor, and other details like the kind of vehicle they may be traveling in or the area where they may be located. This feed updates periodically in the background, and notifies you of new alerts.
‣ A listing of missing children from NCMEC including photos and any known details about the circumstances of their disappearance.
‣ A listing of missing children from NCMEC organized by the states from where they are missing.
If a user has information about a case or has seen one of the missing children, they can press a button and automatically call NCMEC’s toll-free 24-hour hotline 1-800-THE-LOST (800-843-5678), or send a report that includes their current GPS coordinates and their phone number in case more details are needed. NCMEC staff will use the information from these calls and reports to potentially help law enforcement recover the missing child.
Please consider downloading the AMBER Alert and Missing Children Applications. You might be able to help an abducted or missing child come home safely. For more information about this application and other ways that you can get involved, please visit NCMEC’s website at www.missingkids.com.
Fixed a critical bug that caused the application to crash on legacy iOS 7 devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Eh it's ok needs a pet section
I think this app works ok but I definitely need more alerts and some updates, but I think I would rate this app 5/5 if it had a pet section. There are so many missing animals this could a lot of those animals find there way back home. You should have a pet section that is just like the missing humans but for pets and separated by species like dogs and cats and ppl could text in pictures of the cat or dogs that are missing and the information. I believe this would improve the app.
Important enough to be better
Honestly I hoped the bad reviews from over a year ago had prompted better (real time) updates to the alerts thru this app but I was wrong. So my challenge to the developers and owners of this app is that this info is far more important than my bank balance and LinkedIn friends updates! However I get updates from those apps within seconds of new info.
I can't think of anything more important than lost or abducted kids, so please get your act together and make this thing work!!! WHATEVER IT TAKES TO BRING KIDS HOME!!!!
IOS 11 IPhone update
It needs to be updated to work on IOS 11 for the IPhone.
This is a very important program and is very useful for parents to use for their missing child.
You don’t know how hard it is for a parent to have a tool to reach out to the public to get any information they may have to help find your child. I am speaking from experience with my child who went missing.
Please try to expedite this update so it can work on all phones and on the IOS 11+ systems.
- Sudo Security Group, Inc.
- 839.7 KB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009-2014 by National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.