By Sudo Security Group, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This official application from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children® (NCMEC) is designed to help in the search for and safe recovery of missing children. It includes:
‣ A real-time feed of active AMBER Alerts including information about the victim, the abductor, and other details like the kind of vehicle they may be traveling in or the area where they may be located. This feed updates periodically in the background, and notifies you of new alerts.
‣ A listing of missing children from NCMEC including photos and any known details about the circumstances of their disappearance.
‣ A listing of missing children from NCMEC organized by the states from where they are missing.
If a user has information about a case or has seen one of the missing children, they can press a button and automatically call NCMEC’s toll-free 24-hour hotline 1-800-THE-LOST (800-843-5678), or send a report that includes their current GPS coordinates and their phone number in case more details are needed. NCMEC staff will use the information from these calls and reports to potentially help law enforcement recover the missing child.
Please consider downloading the AMBER Alert and Missing Children Applications. You might be able to help an abducted or missing child come home safely. For more information about this application and other ways that you can get involved, please visit NCMEC’s website at www.missingkids.com.
What's New in Version 1.6
Fixed a critical bug that caused the application to crash on legacy iOS 7 devices.
Found a mothers little girl
I got this app long ago and a week ago I found this little girl waking with this man on the side walk on my way moving to another state and this little girl had been missing for almost a year and I remember seeing her face on this app and I called the police and they contact the mother.
Good app at letting you know someone is missing. Bad at keeping updated, in my state (Michigan) there are at least three AMBER alerts where they are found, but the app keeps telling me they are still missing. Not too happy about that part. Please make adjustments to keep alerts up to date.
The last listed missing in Pennsylvania is 5 months ago, and most listings I’ve tried looking at are showing up as “Missing Child Poster NOT FOUND”. Hopefully, all those have been found, but this is obviously not an up to date list.
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 28, 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sudo Security Group, Inc.
- © 2009-2014 by National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.