The AMBOSS Qbank app and the AMBOSS Knowledge USMLE app together offer a complete and streamlined study resource for your Clerkships, NBME® Subject Board (Shelf) Exams, and the USMLE™ Step 2 CK and CS. They can also be used as supplementary resources for the USMLE Step 1 and Step 3 exams. Both apps are free with a subscription to AMBOSS.
No Wi-Fi? No problem. The apps work both online and offline.
The AMBOSS Qbank has 2,150+ USMLE-style exam questions specifically designed for the Step 2 CK and the core NBME Shelf Exams: Surgery, Clinical Neurology, Pediatrics, Medicine, OBGYN, and Psychiatry. It’s loaded with features that help you learn how to answer questions faster, find correct answers, and deliver study recommendations. Paired with the AMBOSS Knowledge USMLE app, you can click for terms, topics, images with overlays, and much more.
Take charge of your exam prep. With AMBOSS, you can replace multiple, scattered sources with a single touchpoint that can meet all of your studying needs. Developed by a team of over 60 USMLE trained physicians, you’ll find a comprehensive medical library, practice exam questions, physical exam cases, interactive multimedia materials, and more at your fingertips and in seconds.
Gain the confidence to tackle all your exams with the help of AMBOSS Qbank USMLE. You can:
• Score higher. The Qbank is challenging, comprehensive, and fully prepares you to achieve the score you want on your exam.
• Find every answer. Seamlessly integrated with the AMBOSS Knowledge USMLE app, you can access thousands of library knowledge cards outlining diagnoses, diseases, and more.
• Analyze results. Get study recommendations after each Qbank session to identify where you are doing well and which topics you need to study harder.
• Make use of your downtime. Practice from anywhere, including on your commute or between rounds on the wards—even in Wi-Fi-free zones.
Here’s what medical students are saying about us:
“AMBOSS is the resource that we’ve been waiting for -- its integrated platform helped me study smarter and set a new personal best.” —Michelle Lundholm, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University
“I used AMBOSS for the first time on my Neurology Shelf and scored the highest I have all year (95th percentile). The difficulty of the questions, excellent explanations, and breadth of the Qbank adequately prepared me to perform well on test day!” —MS3 Student, Creighton University School of Medicine
"The highlighting and attending tips are excellent. They are a push in the right direction to encourage critical thinking. This is especially important early in a clerkship when the knowledge base is not that strong...no one else is doing that.” —Michael McClurkin, Harvard Medical School
Here’s what’s new:
• Quick Definitions will appear instantly when you search a term or tap on a new word within a learning card.
• Choose between practicing questions you previously answered incorrectly or repeating an entire session over again.
• Make the text on the app bigger or smaller for easier reading.
• Strike-through answers you rule out on each multiple-choice question.
• Lots of small bugfixes were made to keep things running smoothly.
Ratings and Reviews
Shockingly feature poor
I’m genuinely surprised by the lack of certain features in the app. You can’t create new tests/sessions within the app natively - it requires you to open an in-app web browser to do that. You can’t change the font size from the size 8 font. You can’t navigate to the next button with an arrow - you have to either use two taps to select the question number and then the next question number or swipe. The questions seem good, but my faith in them is diminished by the haphazard setup of both the app and the desktop site.
Great potential but greatly limited functionality because cannot create tests from within the app
Has potential, but fundamentally crippled because of inability to create new tests from within the app. Please add this feature ASAP. Would also be nice if could add one's own highlights. Thank you!
Great for Steps
Wish i had seen this during my first year. So intergrative
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.