By AMC Network Entertainment LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate companion to all your favorite AMC shows -- The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, TURN: Washington's Spies, Comic Book Men, Halt and Catch Fire, Hell on Wheels and Talking Dead. Delve deeper into the story with full episodes on amc.com, videos, interviews, photos, episode recaps, breaking series news and schedules, all optimized for your iOS device. Features include:
* Access to full episodes on amc.com of AMC shows currently in season
* Story Sync, a LIVE, interactive experience that allows you to vote in snap polls, answer cool trivia questions, and re-live tense moments via video clips during the premiere broadcast of the latest episode. For select shows in season including The Walking Dead and Better Call Saul.
* Retina display
* Video sneak peeks, behind-the-scenes featurettes and cast interviews
* Episode photos and production galleries
* Season and episode recaps plus cast/character bios
* News updates, interviews, feature articles, weekly columns
* Facebook groups and Twitter feeds for each series
* Ability to share app content via email, Facebook and Twitter
* AMC's current broadcast schedule
Rich content, easy access and intuitive design, all at the touch of a finger. Start experiencing AMC on your iPad of iPhone today!
AMC - Something More
What's New in Version 3.2
Minor improvements and bug fixes.
Worst TV App Out There
Zero stars was not an option. The app is useless because it simply directs you to the web site to stream the video. Actually starting the episode, including logging into your cable account, is the longest process for any TV channel. Once you are finally watching the episode, the commercials load with good video quality, but the episodes do not, so I know it's not my internet connection. On the iPad, you have to keep the screen on or else the video will stop. You have to manually select play for each commercial, but don't click play too many times, because if you do you will be directed to a web site for the commercial and completely lose your place in the episode. And to put the cherry on top, the volume is inconsistent between the actual episode and the low variety of commercials, with the episode being the most quiet. AMC, catch up to all the other TV channels and fix your app!
What am I missing?
I downloaded the app to see what all the complaints was about. It is odd that AMC requests two logins. The first login is for AMC but it can be skipped. The second login is required by cable providers. You have to prove you are paying for cable before they allow you to stream the same content. After dealing with the logins, I was able to play an hour episode with no problem. I was streaming on an iPad Air 2. I also tried it on an old iPad 2. Initially I had to reboot the iPad 2 to get the app to run without crashing. After the reboot, I skipped the first login and then signed into my cable provider. I streamed a different show for an hour without any problem.
I have no idea why others are having so much trouble with this app!!
So so so bad
This app is so bad, I felt compelled to write a review to warn other people not to waste their time. Maybe if enough people leave these, AMC will get their act together and fix this horrible thing. If not, at least the rest of you can avoid the hassle of even bothering to try it out. If you want to watch full episodes of current shows, this app just loads the web page inside itself. The ads will screw up your playback every single time, and if you make the mistake of tapping on the video in a vain attempt to fix it, you will be redirected to a different webpage related to the ad and completely lose your place in the episode. Every other company seems to have figured out how to do this, so I'm really not sure what is wrong with the people over at AMC. Until they fix this, don't waste your time- you'll end up frustrated and probably never even make through a single episode.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 02, 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: AMC Network Entertainment LLC
- © Copyright 2012 AMC Network Entertainment LLC. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.