By American Multi-Cinema, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Since 1920, AMC has been the amazing place where movies want to play. Now, we’re bringing movie magic to your fingertips with the AMC Theatres app for iPhone. Within the app you can find the closest theatre, get showtimes, buy tickets, and browse exclusive content!
If you’re an AMC Stubs member, use your phone as your AMC Stubs card, check your rewards balance, share your stubs on Facebook and more!
• Preferred Home View – Easily set your home screen so when you open the app, it shows you want you want to see. Choose from movies, favorite theatres, or your AMC Stubs dashboard.
• Find a Movie – Filter by amenities and swipe to see what’s playing. Purchase tickets for a show today, or make sure you’re first in line for next week’s movie by buying tickets now. Find movies by your current location, favorite theatres, or zip code. You’ll also find movie synopses and trailers. Tap the heart to favorite movies.
• Find a Theatre – Want to have an AMC amazing experience? Find the theatre closest to your location, or look up your favorite theatre. You can also search by zip code, or switch over to map view. Easily tap the star to add a theatre as a favorite.
• AMC Stubs – Leave your AMC Stubs card at home and use your phone instead. Plus, you can look through your online stubs collection, share your stubs on Facebook, check your rewards balance and more.
• My Movies – See a summary of the upcoming movies you want to see.
What's New in Version 5.3.2
Introducing the new AMC Stubs loyalty program. You can join AMC Stubs Insider FREE If you appreciate getting rewarded for something you already do, or upgrade to AMC Stubs Premiere if you’re even more of a mega movie fan so you can get even more at the movies.
Great App - seriously
After reading a lot of negative reviews I almost didn't load the new Stubs app. In fact when I did, EVERYTHING WORKED PERFECTLY.
The app displayed all of the movies currently showing. Selecting one I was shown the theater we usually go to, then made time and number selection. I was asked for my old Stubs email and p/w. The convenience fee was waived, I received a gift credit and purchased my tickets, all without a hitch.
I loved using the Stubs app last Fall- Spring season and am very glad to again have all the convenience it provided as well as the savings. Premium membership is worth the cost, but the main thing is the app works and makes ticket purchase as easy as it can be.
YOU GET WRONG MOVIE
If you pick a movie and then drill down to a theater, you would expect to have show times for that movie at that theater. So I didn't pay attention until I put the purchased tickets into my Apple wallet and noticed I had purchased Blair Witch Project instead of Sully. So I had to get a refund (which is possible until the time of the showing).
Seems when you pick a movie and theater, it ignores the movie and shows all the movies at the theater in alphabetical order. I never paid attention and hence the error. Customer service says they get this problem all the time.
AMC - fix it!
Never use to purchase, you won't get a refund when it doesn't work
I mistakenly thought this would be a great way to purchase concession stand items and have then delivered to my seat. The app allowed me to place the order amd successfully charged my CC but no food showed up because the app had an error. The theater manager said it was just an authorization and would just go away. No food, no money. Theater can't refund because the app uses amc online for the purchase, they have no record of it. AMC online says the charge never went through, the theater will have to do an investigation. I have wasted hours on this including a seperate trip to the theater. I had to dispute with my CC. Let them fight it out, I am done with AMC.