By American Multi-Cinema, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you’re a movie fan, this is the app for you. Find out more about the movies you want to see, buy tickets, access your AMC Stubs account, and preorder food and drinks!
• See a Movie: Swipe to see what’s playing now, or coming soon to a theatre near you. Buy tickets for a showtime today, or get tickets to an upcoming movie showing to make sure you won’t miss it.
• Our Theatres: Type in the name of your favorite theatre, or find the theatre closest to you. Find out which theatres feature premium formats like Dolby Cinema at AMC, IMAX and AMC, or RealD 3D.
• All About Movies: Discover AMC exclusives, official trailers, movie synopses, cast info, and film ratings from experts like IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes.
• AMC Stubs: Log into your AMC Stubs Insider or Premiere account to access your virtual card and add it to your mobile wallet. Use your virtual card to get rewards like a free large popcorn refill, or free popcorn and fountain drink size upgrades for Premiere members. Plus, you can track your points and activate or view your rewards while on the go.
• My AMC: Find your purchased tickets, upcoming movies and important special offers. Set reminders for movies you want to see, and we’ll tell you as soon as tickets go on sale.
• Food and Drinks Online Ordering: Skip the line by ordering concessions before you get to the theatre. Available at select locations with either express pick-up at the concession stand, or delivery to your seat.
What's New in Version 6.0.17
Continued Performance & Bug Fixes
Buggy as it gets
They just made things worse with the new version. Now you have to pick the movie before the theater. How did that help? Reviews went away. Sign in doesn't work most of the time. You purchase but don't know if you really did. Every time you purchase it infers you have to renew your annual premier membership. You have to guess at how to actually finish up buying your selection. Whoever runs this shop is doing an awful job. The rewards are nothing more than a crap shoot - you have no idea how they are arrived at. I could go on and on. Freeze ups. Says you are not connected when you are and then pops up cutesy messages teasing you don't know what you are doing. But this thing is just full of bugs. I'm getting real tired of it.
Update: so now I use Fandango to see what movies and times are playing at the theater I want to go to and THEN after all the decision-making use the buggy AMC app to buy the tickets. Saves a lot of frustration. But this app I guess it gives you a map to find its theaters - WOW! Try to find your ticket and you get a print of the receipt - how does that help you get into the theatre? There is this thing called user-friendly concept..... and so on.
Doesn't recognize my account
I bought the Premiere service last week, gave all my info to the cashier, and just now downloaded the app, but it's telling me the stubs number I was given doesn't match the email address I gave. I double checked everything (which is annoying I had to re-enter all the info!) and still showing the account doesn't match. I'm trying to use my account today so the fact I paid an extra $15 and it's not allowing me to access my account via the app is very frustrating!! The Carmike card was easy to use and I was looking forward to the AMC app that was more digitally based but so far, NOT impressed.
App crashes every time I try to see my upcoming tickets
Update: Ever since the update on 2/7 I can't see my past tickets and when I got to look at my new tickets, it says my tickets are for January 1, 0001. It's just getting worse and worse
Update: I renewed my premium membership and the app had no problem charging me, but when trying to buy tickets, the convenience fees are still added. That's an extra $3 per movie! Outrageous. If I could give this negative stars, I would!
This app used to be great. Now it will let me purchase but when I went to the ticket booth to show them my ticket, the app crashed. Horrible