By American Multi-Cinema, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Since 1920, AMC has been the amazing place where movies want to play. Now, we’re bringing movie magic to your fingertips with the AMC Theatres app for iPhone. Within the app you can find the closest theatre, get showtimes, buy tickets, and browse exclusive content!
If you’re an AMC Stubs member, use your phone as your AMC Stubs card, check your rewards balance, share your stubs on Facebook and more!
• Preferred Home View – Easily set your home screen so when you open the app, it shows you want you want to see. Choose from movies, favorite theatres, or your AMC Stubs dashboard.
• Find a Movie – Filter by amenities and swipe to see what’s playing. Purchase tickets for a show today, or make sure you’re first in line for next week’s movie by buying tickets now. Find movies by your current location, favorite theatres, or zip code. You’ll also find movie synopses and trailers. Tap the heart to favorite movies.
• Find a Theatre – Want to have an AMC amazing experience? Find the theatre closest to your location, or look up your favorite theatre. You can also search by zip code, or switch over to map view. Easily tap the star to add a theatre as a favorite.
• AMC Stubs – Leave your AMC Stubs card at home and use your phone instead. Plus, you can look through your online stubs collection, share your stubs on Facebook, check your rewards balance and more.
• My Movies – See a summary of the upcoming movies you want to see.
What's New in Version 5.3.2
Introducing the new AMC Stubs loyalty program. You can join AMC Stubs Insider FREE If you appreciate getting rewarded for something you already do, or upgrade to AMC Stubs Premiere if you’re even more of a mega movie fan so you can get even more at the movies.
Classic example of: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Old app worked fine, this thing is an abomination. Its most major flaw is that you can't buy a ticket. Thing goes AWOL at that point saying it can't connect to the theater. Say what?
Even if I had been able to purchase a ticket, I still would have given this app a low rating. It is awkward to use. Example: I selected my theater and selected my movie. It gave me every theater where it was showing so I had to select my theater again.
This app is so bad, I wonder if anyone developing it even tried to use it.
STILL can't sign up for and use stubs if you were already registered with the site. If you try to join as new, it says you are already a member and if you try to log in as a member, it asks for your number, which I don't have because I never joined.
Also, I find it hard to believe that you still haven't built in the ability to move gift card balances on to one gift card. Take a look at the Starbucks app and learn something.
Does AMC Even Care?
The release notes for this version are EXACTLY the same as the past two updates which makes me think AMC is prioritizing advertising their rewards program over fixing their still badly-performing app. It's like AMC doesn't even care about the users experience in their app anymore.
Save yourself the grief and use Fandango. That company actually cares about users having a good experience and you can link your Stubs account.