Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Since 1920, AMC has been the amazing place where movies want to play. Now, we’re bringing movie magic to your fingertips with the AMC Theatres app for iPhone and iPad. It’s the newest, most amazing way to find the closest theatre, get showtimes, buy tickets and browse exclusive content!
If you’re an AMC Stubs member, then the app has extra perks for you. Use your phone as your AMC Stubs card, check your rewards balance, share your stubs on Facebook and more!
Get VIP movie access and download our app now!
Use our AMC amazing app to:
• Preferred Home View – Easily set your home screen so when you open the app, it shows you want you want to see. Choose from movies, favorite theatres, or your AMC Stubs dashboard.
• Find a Movie – Now with the ability to filter by amenities and swipe to see what’s playing. We’ve made it easy to see showtimes and getting a ticket takes a tap. Purchase tickets for a show today, or make sure you’re first in line for next week’s movie by buying tickets now. Find movies by your current location, favorite theatres, or zip code. You’ll also find movie synopses and trailers. Tap the heart to favorite movies.
• Find a Theatre – Want to have an AMC amazing experience? Find the theatre closest to your location, or look up your favorite theatre. You can also search by zip code, or switch over to map view. Easily tap the star to add a theatre as a favorite.
• AMC Stubs – If you’re a member, then your wallet must be getting heavy from the money you save on free concession upgrades. Leave your AMC Stubs card at home and use your phone instead. Plus, you can look through your online stubs collection, share your stubs on Facebook, check your rewards balance and more.
• My Movies – No, you won’t actually own the movies that you add to this list, but you can find all the upcoming movies you want to see and get notified as soon as tickets go on sale.
• Offers – Keep all AMC special offers at your fingertips so you’re always in-the-know and ready to save.
• Planning a hot date for a couple weeks from now? Want to know when that Jennifer Lawrence movie finally comes out? It’s easy to search for upcoming movie releases using the calendar view.
What's New in Version 4.2
We have listened to your feedback and we are continuing to add in your suggestions! We have updated the app to include a more personalized user experience making it more user friendly. We have added auto scrolling to next available show times, iOS improvements on Speed and Low Connectivity, and updated MyMovie so you can now mark movies as favorites (red heart), non-favorite (white heart) and seen it (green heart). Please keep leaving us great feedback so we can keep improving the guest experience.
Don’t forget you can still customize your Home view to be your Favorite Theatres, Box Office Movies, or AMC Stubs Dashboard – tap more on the menu, then Modify View at the top.
As always we’ve squashed some bugs and keep improving the speed and performance of the app. Thank you all for your suggestions and great ideas!
Happy Movie Going!
Falling from greatness
I've loved this app. As a stubs member it's been a great way to see progress towards rewards, store gift cards, but tickets online, and a way to show your stubs card without having to carry around the fob. Unfortunately, of late there have been several issues that have been bothersome- not direly so, but, you know, annoying. As of September 14, 2015 you cannot store 19-digit gift cards on the app. It is not a bug, it was a corporate wide decision (too many people redeeming, too few people losing gift cards?). You can only redeem them in person which nullifies buying tickets through the app if you have several gift cards you want to use. But buying tickets through the app has also been an issue of late- for the past month there's been a warning text box that pops up as you hit the button to confirm a purchase. The warning box says there is a network error and to try again, which one is prone to do until you realize each time you try you are in fact being charged for that purchase. This is a bug that has gone unfixed for sometime. All in all, I write this because I've already called (very nice customer service) and asked/told amc about these issues. All in all a fine app esp if your a frequent amc user, if not for some bothersome issues.
Just needs "Wallet" feature for ALL locations
This is a great app. Their opportunity for improvement is the "Wallet" feature as the app only makes it available at certain locations. What's strange is that each of the AMC locations are all setup to accept the electronic/digital tickets, but I still have to print out my tickets at 2 particular locations instead of using the "Wallet" feature. Surely this can be fixed. There's 1 location that we visit in which the "Wallet" feature works perfectly using the app, so perhaps this is an oversight & they simply need to turn on the feature for every other location. Other than that, the app is great.
I love it
I personally think this app is fab. Honestly I teeter between this app and fandango. The reason I love the app is that it also lets me know ahead of time that a movie is coming and it also lets me know how much money I have left in my account in order to purchase stuff. I have my tickets on hand and I don't have to worry about, I purchased the tickets two months ago and where are they now lol. I also love that with Amc you can cancel brought tickets. But for the app it opens wherever I am without fail (well some kind of signal is needed) and I can do my thing. Thanks AMC!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 21, 2015
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 47.3 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: VMBC
- © 2015 AMC Entertainment
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.