Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Since 1920, AMC has been the amazing place where movies want to play. Now, we’re bringing movie magic to your fingertips with the AMC Theatres app for iPhone and iPad. It’s the newest, most amazing way to find the closest theatre, get showtimes, buy tickets and browse exclusive content!
If you’re an AMC Stubs member, then the app has extra perks for you. Use your phone as your AMC Stubs card, check your rewards balance, share your stubs on Facebook and more!
Get VIP movie access and download our app now!
Use our AMC amazing app to:
• Preferred Home View – Easily set your home screen so when you open the app, it shows you want you want to see. Choose from movies, favorite theatres, or your AMC Stubs dashboard.
• Find a Movie – Now with the ability to filter by amenities and swipe to see what’s playing. We’ve made it easy to see showtimes and getting a ticket takes a tap. Purchase tickets for a show today, or make sure you’re first in line for next week’s movie by buying tickets now. Find movies by your current location, favorite theatres, or zip code. You’ll also find movie synopses and trailers. Tap the heart to favorite movies.
• Find a Theatre – Want to have an AMC amazing experience? Find the theatre closest to your location, or look up your favorite theatre. You can also search by zip code, or switch over to map view. Easily tap the star to add a theatre as a favorite.
• AMC Stubs – If you’re a member, then your wallet must be getting heavy from the money you save on free concession upgrades. Leave your AMC Stubs card at home and use your phone instead. Plus, you can look through your online stubs collection, share your stubs on Facebook, check your rewards balance and more.
• My Movies – No, you won’t actually own the movies that you add to this list, but you can find all the upcoming movies you want to see and get notified as soon as tickets go on sale.
• Offers – Keep all AMC special offers at your fingertips so you’re always in-the-know and ready to save.
• Planning a hot date for a couple weeks from now? Want to know when that Jennifer Lawrence movie finally comes out? It’s easy to search for upcoming movie releases using the calendar view.
What's New in Version 4.0
Update: We know change can be hard, and are reading all your great feedback! The next update will include the ability to see all movies and showtimes for a specific theatre – as requested by you!
Thanks to all of your amazing feedback, we’ve made the app even easier to use. Now you can customize your home view, easily swipe between movies, and tap a showtime to buy a movie ticket. This is one of our largest updates in awhile so be sure to read the tutorials and play around a bit. If you have any questions or issues send us feedback under settings so we can help you right away. As usual we’ve squashed some bugs and made some changes to improve the overall performance of the app!
Happy Movie Going!
Favorite movie app
I love the new clean look of the new upgrade great for searching for a movie and watching trailers. I don't know why some reviewers say you need a stubs card to see movie times they show on my wife's phone which does not have stubs and mine which does. I like the clean design but would like to see showtimes for a theater for when I have a time constraint. Spoke with support and they said they are listening and appreciate the feedback. Overall the app worked great and I watched 5-6 trailers and they all loaded and played quickly. The app is quick and the trailers were excellent. I really trust the rotten tomatoes reviews they have never let me down it is easy to tell if I will like the movie. After buying the tickets my stubs rewards add up which give me $10 off for every $100 I spend. With the app I do not even need to carry my card with me to buy and get credits for concessions to get the upgrade. Stubs is so worth it not only waiving the service charge but upgrades and rewards.
Another cool thing is the run pee feature. It is awesome especially if you drink a lot of water or with the free stubs upgraded soda. It also worked perfectly with my stubs card.
I don't usually write reviews unless something either impressed me greater or was incredibly disappointing. This is truly disappointing. The latest version of the AMC app. is incredibly slow, difficult to navigate, and horrible in all of the most important ways. I don't get a lot of time to go out so when I decide to see a movie it's usually something special. I love that I can reserve a seat at my favorite theater with it's awesome recliner style seating. Nothing is better.
But nothing is worse than purchasing advance tickets then showing up at the theater just to find out that due to some glitch in the app I didn't purchase tickets on the day I thought. That had happened to me twice. I've also been incredibly frustrated trying to purchase tickets with this app, logging in has even been challenging not to mention just finding show times for my favorite theater on any day except today. I can't wait until they update this again. I can only hope the powers that be will address all of these issues and more.
Ugh!! WORST APP EVER!!
I have never written an app review in my life, but the complete ineptitude of this app prompted me to write one.
I go to the movies three times a week, and have been using the AMC app for a number of years with great success.
This new update took everything that was helpful and useful about having an app and turned it into a confusing and convoluted useless piece of crap.
Once you click on a movie and it shows you the showtimes, to go back to the list of movies you have to go back to the theater section and start from scratch, rather than being able to swipe left or right to see more movie choices.
In addition, there's no option for you to see all the movies playing at a theater which is asinine, especially during summer movie season when some new movies open on Wednesdays and some on Fridays.
Because I go to the movies every Friday, I check my app every Thursday night to see what's opening the next day, and this version does not have that option.
This is literally the most useless, worthless app I have ever attempted to use, and it's very disheartening since I used the old one multiple times a week and loved it.
Can't you just put it back like it was?
Like they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 08, 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 41.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: VMBC
- © 2015 AMC Entertainment
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.