The AMD eye app is a mobile source of information for patients with age related macular degeneration (AMD) who still maintain some reading vision.
The app is unique in that it has been developed by an ophthalmologist specializing in retina/macular diseases who has received feed back from his patients and importantly family members of AMD patients (who they themselves may be at risk for AMD due to genetic and hereditary factors). The developer in everyday retina practice has found that patients often forget, misplace or lose at home the amsler grid charts given to them by his office.
Thus specifically this app is the 1st ophthalmology app for the AMD patient designed with the following integrated features:
• an Amsler grid which the user can schedule daily or weekly alerts.
• education and information data to patients about AMD.
• design for patients and user focus in mind rather than a resource for the healthcare professional/student/resident who need more of a reference utility.
• protects patient privacy by not allowing the upload of a patient's personal daily amsler grid recording.
For more information on the app please visit www.AMDeye.com and for more information on the retina office of Dr. Sastry please visit www.bethesdaretina.com.
- S M Sastry
- 12.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Srinivas Sastry
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.