By American Airlines
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With the American Airlines app, you’re covered with the information you need exactly when you need it. Curious about traffic to the airport? Need a mobile boarding pass? Wondering where the closest Admirals Club® lounge is located? All of this info, and more, is available at your fingertips.
- Dynamic home screen: Knows where you are in your travel journey and gives you easy access to the right tools at the right time.
- Mobile boarding pass: Check in for your trip and retrieve your mobile boarding pass. No need to print, and it’s updated along the way.
- Flight updates: Get the latest flight updates by simply retrieving your reservation and allowing American Airlines to send notifications to your mobile device.
- Interactive terminal maps: Navigating airports is a breeze with our interactive terminal maps. Find the closest Admirals Club lounge or get directions to your connecting gate.
- AAdvantage® account details: Review all the details of your AAdvantage account right from the app. Not an AAdvantage member? Sign up today.
- Upgrade your seat: Request and purchase upgrades with ease. Want to see where you are on the list? The app displays the upgrade standby list within four hours of your scheduled departure.
- Seat selection: Select or change your seat within the app. Just pick the one you’d like and change it on the spot.
- Track your bag: Know exactly where your bag is from the time it leaves your hands to when you extend the handle at your final destination.
- Save your reservation: Your recently viewed reservations are automatically saved in the app so you can easily grab the details for your next flight in seconds.
- Quick interactions: The American app utilizes 3D touch and is Apple watch compatible, giving you quick access to the most important info.
- Wi-Fi access in the air: Don’t forget on flights with Wi-Fi, you can use the American app and aa.com at no cost.
There’s a new group of flyers out there – The World’s Greatest Flyers. They know that having the right travel tools contributes to a great experience.
New with iOS10, the sky’s the limit with the American Airlines sticker pack! Let friends and family know that you’re traveling, headed to the Admirals Club® lounge to take it easy before taking off, snapping photos at 30,000 feet or that you’ve arrived.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
What's New in Version 5.3.4
- Enjoy a better search experience when you book flights.
- Order food on-the-go from terminals in DFW, AUS, LAX, ATL, MIA and LHR. Pull up the terminal map to see what’s cooking and look for more locations soon.
- Manage and update your AAdvantage account on-the-go. We’ll keep you logged in.
- Plus, other small enhancements and bug fixes.
I was traveling for work and making a connecting flight in Dallas today, when my boss and co-worker ran to the restroom. We had been watching the gate and knew the departure time however....when they say they lock the gate at ten minutes till they are NOT joking. We were two minutes late, still ten minutes prior to departure, when the ladies at the gate closed the door right in front of us and said we were too late. We were polite and explained that we were right there and just needed to use the restroom. They did not care. TWO MINUTES! So now we will wait for four more hours because we have no choice. Poor customer service! We watched the plane sit there for another 10-15 minutes. Apparently flight regulations are more strict with American Airlines than ANY other airline.
I travel often and the app is very easy to navigate. I like that I have the ability to flip through my booked flights as well as track my bags.
One thing I have not seen yet that I would love to see, is the the ability to view multiple boarding passes without it deleting another. As well as being able to manage a family key under one email. As a mother of multiple it is frustrating to have to login to different accounts for the kids miles number.
Clunky App. Should do more and work better.
I find I only use the app for checking in and saving my boarding pass. I have been unable to book flights using it. The calendar won’t change dates and you have to close it down and start over. Also, I get messages saying that a secure connection can’t be made. I wish I could use it more often and for more functions as I travel a lot.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 13, 2017
- Version: 5.3.4
- Size: 154 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: American Airlines, Inc.
- © Copyright 2017 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.