By American Airlines
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the American Airlines app, you’re covered with the information you need exactly when you need it. Curious about traffic to the airport? Need a mobile boarding pass? Wondering where the closest Admirals Club® lounge is located? All of this info, and more, is available at your fingertips.
- Dynamic home screen: Knows where you are in your travel journey and gives you easy access to the right tools at the right time.
- Mobile boarding pass: Check in for your trip and retrieve your mobile boarding pass. No need to print, and it’s updated along the way.
- Flight updates: Get the latest flight updates by simply retrieving your reservation and allowing American Airlines to send notifications to your mobile device.
- Interactive terminal maps: Navigating airports is a breeze with our interactive terminal maps. Find the closest Admirals Club lounge or get directions to your connecting gate.
- AAdvantage® account details: Review all the details of your AAdvantage account right from the app. Not an AAdvantage member? Sign up today.
- Upgrade your seat: Request and purchase upgrades with ease. Want to see where you are on the list? The app displays the upgrade standby list within four hours of your scheduled departure.
- Seat selection: Select or change your seat within the app. Just pick the one you’d like and change it on the spot.
- Track your bag: Know exactly where your bag is from the time it leaves your hands to when you extend the handle at your final destination.
- Save your reservation: Your recently viewed reservations are automatically saved in the app so you can easily grab the details for your next flight in seconds.
- Quick interactions: The American app utilizes 3D touch and is Apple watch compatible, giving you quick access to the most important info.
- Wi-Fi access in the air: Don’t forget on flights with Wi-Fi, you can use the American app and aa.com at no cost.
There’s a new group of flyers out there – The World’s Greatest Flyers. They know that having the right travel tools contributes to a great experience.
New with iOS10, the sky’s the limit with the American Airlines sticker pack! Let friends and family know that you’re traveling, headed to the Admirals Club® lounge to take it easy before taking off, snapping photos at 30,000 feet or that you’ve arrived.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
What's New in Version 4.10.1
- Los Angeles (LAX) airport map updates
- Bug fixes and small enhancements to make your experience better
Can't enroll in Frequent Flyer program
I use the AA app all the time for checking in, and it seems fine. I have also started using it to buy tickets, and while it takes you to website, still okay. Now today my son downloaded the AA app to enroll himself and use for boarding pass tomorrow. He put in all his information and tried to hit submit, and nothing happened. I tried it with him - nothing. I logged myself out of my own phone and tried to enroll him there - same result. Nothing. App has to work better than this for one of big 3 airlines!
Always buggy booking tickets
As a Platinum level frequent flyer I've had ongoing poor user experience with this app. Whether used on an iPad or iPhone, it always craps out when used for buying tickets. It relies on sending you to a website which is poorly integrated. Usually have to call an agent or use laptop to book tickets because of ongoing errors. This has been ongoing for past 2 years with many app updates, iOS updates & new devices and it's still a problem. Other airlines much better experience for buying tickets. It's a real shame for a consumer app.
Weak app - great airline
Unfortunately this is the only option if you fly America, and it does the basics well. I love the airline, but the app is way behind the competition. Too many option still take you to the website, its 2017, come on. And once you have checked in you can't see your place on the upgrade list until an hour or so before departure. Spend some time on the other 2 big airlines apps and see what great apps look like.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 08, 2017
- Version: 4.10.1
- Size: 109 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: American Airlines, Inc.
- © Copyright 2014 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.