With the American Airlines app, you’re covered with the information you need exactly when you need it. Curious about traffic to the airport? Need a mobile boarding pass? Wondering where the closest Admirals Club® lounge is located? All of this info, and more, is available at your fingertips.
- Dynamic home screen: Knows where you are in your travel journey and gives you easy access to the right tools at the right time.
- Mobile boarding pass: Check in for your trip and retrieve your mobile boarding pass. No need to print, and it’s updated along the way.
- Flight updates: Get the latest flight updates by simply retrieving your reservation and allowing American Airlines to send notifications to your mobile device.
- Interactive terminal maps: Navigating airports is a breeze with our interactive terminal maps. Find the closest Admirals Club lounge or get directions to your connecting gate.
- AAdvantage® account details: Review all the details of your AAdvantage account right from the app. Not an AAdvantage member? Sign up today.
- Upgrade your seat: Request and purchase upgrades with ease. Want to see where you are on the list? The app displays the upgrade standby list within four hours of your scheduled departure.
- Seat selection: Select or change your seat within the app. Just pick the one you’d like and change it on the spot.
- Track your bag: Know exactly where your bag is from the time it leaves your hands to when you extend the handle at your final destination.
- Save your reservation: Your recently viewed reservations are automatically saved in the app so you can easily grab the details for your next flight in seconds.
- Quick interactions: The American app utilizes 3D touch and is Apple watch compatible, giving you quick access to the most important info.
- Wi-Fi access in the air: Don’t forget on flights with Wi-Fi, you can use the American app and aa.com at no cost.
There’s a new group of flyers out there – The World’s Greatest Flyers. They know that having the right travel tools contributes to a great experience.
New with iOS10, the sky’s the limit with the American Airlines sticker pack! Let friends and family know that you’re traveling, headed to the Admirals Club® lounge to take it easy before taking off, snapping photos at 30,000 feet or that you’ve arrived.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
To make our app better for you, we make ongoing updates to improve your experience. Thanks for choosing American Airlines.
· You can now use your American Airline AAdvantage® miles to book award travel on American or one of our partner airlines directly from our app
Ratings and Reviews
Couldn’t be any worse if they tried
Imagine an airline set out to make the worst possible mobile app. Stripped out all the useful functions but made sure to put a credit card ad or two in, even if you happen to literally already be a cardholder. Imagine an airline that placed no priority on useful push notifications, like when boarding commences or when your bag gets scanned. Imagine an airline that still feels it’s appropriate to use some whacky web wrapper to buy tickets in 2018, or really anything account related that you tap. Imagine an airline justifying hiding upgrade lists until 4 hours prior to departure, and not automatically clearing upgrade standbys like Delta does but instead creating a tense battleground scene at the gate, every single time. Imagine an airline that thinks this kooky sliding whoohaa panel is a delightful UI, calling it “dynamic sliding travel tools” but really just a useless drawer that gets in the way.
No need to imagine, since this is exactly what American has to show, after all these years. I’ve been an AAdvantage member since 1995 and am now EP, and when I fly AA every week, it blows my mind that this app is still considered passable software by any standard. Their IT is so stoneage, so utterly archaic, it’s a miracle the entire infrastructure doesn’t buckle more often. American, your loyal flyers deserve better than this. This app is… beyond parody.
Horrible way to check your reservation
I love the way delta does things so much more! All you have to have is your name and flight number. Vs AA you have to have a record locator number. When you have a connecting flight they don’t give you that information. So you would need to do and extra step that’s not needed and call AA for the information. That information should be just presented with your boarding pass!
In recent years more and more airlines have stopped running their own reservation systems and have become clients of systems such as Amadeus and Sabre who provide hosting services. Where this occurs a single PNR (with just one record locator) may be created in the hosting system containing details of all the flights for which that hosting system is responsible. For example, a reservation for passenger traveling from London to Paris on Air France returning BA booked through AF will reside in one PNR in the Amadeus system with just one record locator because both airlines use Amadeus for reservations. If that booking is made through a travel agent using Amadeus the same single PNR/record locator will exist. However, if the reservation is made via an agency using a different system (e.g. Sabre) there will be two PNRs (one in Sabre and one in Amadeus) each with its own locator.
Reliable information, very professional. No stress!
Unlike some others, I do find this app intuitive. Love being able to see inbound flight info, and updates for flight information is very timely. I feel like I have an inside track because in many cases, I have learned about gate changes and other info before formal announcements. Seat change requests are accurate, and I’ve never been let down. When traveling, we rely on having accurate information and having control, and this app helps me keep the stress level down because I never have to guess. Yes, sometimes the in-flight entertainment is glitchy, but I’m on a plane sharing a small network with many users so I’ve stuck to using data, only for work, and viewing downloaded movies or listening to downloaded music. There are too many other entertainment options out there these days for me to hold this against the app when that is not it’s main purpose.
- American Airlines, Inc.
- 288 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2017 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.