By American Airlines
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Simply swipe and tap your way through your personalized American Airlines travel information with the app that’s perfect for flying through airports.
- Enter your login & password only once: saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
- Set a parking reminder
- Monitor your place on the standby list
- Track your Elite Status progress
- View personal flight details: get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
- Access your mobile boarding pass: the app saves it for you, so it’s always easy to find
- Add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook
- Use GPS to locate the nearest American Airlines serviced airport
- View terminal maps
Plus, access a variety of other tools to help you manage, plan and further enjoy each trip you take on American Airlines:
- Book Flights
- Check In for Flights
- Create Flight Status Notifications
- Check Flight Status & Schedules
- Access your AAdvantage® account*
- Enroll in the AAdvantage® program
- Access Contact Information
For Passbook users, you can add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook and it will automatically appear on your lock screen as you get closer to your departure time. You can find out additional details about your flight by selecting the information button on the front of your pass in Passbook. This information button will display your record locator, departure date, duration of the flight, and if wifi is available for your flight. The pass will automatically update with flight details if flight status is checked in our app.
We are developing our plans for future functionality to be included in our American Airlines app. Please send us your feedback. We are listening.
Upon installation, you are consenting to the install of this application and any future updates or upgrades you may request.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
What's New in Version 3.12.1
- Customers can now login with their AAdvantage number, username or former Dividend Miles number
- Login now requires members to enter their last name
- All customers’ reservations for American and US Airways will be listed on the home screen
- To check-in or manage your US Airways reservation, you will be redirected to usairways.com
- Customers can now view the status of their requested and/or requested and confirmed upgraded flights for:
American 500-Mile, Systemwide and Mileage Upgrade Awards on American flights
American Systemwide and Mileage Upgrade Awards on US Airways flights
- Addresses login issues impacting some customers
App is terrible only ios8
My last review was the same when It wouldn't work unless on newest ios. Now again. Won't work unless on ios8. Really? Some people don't want to upgrade ios as fast as they are released. Just booked sky miles flight on delta app in few min. Too bad for American, ill just fly another airline that's easier to book. Waste of time this app is, which I came to use because the website is terrible to use also, was hoping for a better solution. American app developers obviously don't read these reviews since the app has been updated and still has 1.5 stars. Your pr team is terrible for not catching this problem. Trust me your loosing business over website and app usability. Any marketing company can tell you how short people's attention spans are.....With all the choices in airlines you should make it as easy as possible to navigate flight searches, and search by miles/ or currency. Btw your website is horrendous too, that's an entire different problem. As a frequent flyer I would say take lessons from your competitors how to design a website and app. With over 300k miles I fly quite a bit on usair and American. I have since dropped my usair credit cards for the competition because they do it all better. Here I am wasting my time to tell you something that will go unnoticed. Unfortunately, I want to spend these miles and have to deal with your crappy website because the app won't even work....ugh
I have never left a review for any app that I've ever purchased and I've owned every version of iPhone since the iPhone 3. That alone should be significant in symbolizing how negative my experience has been with this app.
I am an Executive Platinum member of US airways and the experience merging with American has been dreadful overall. This app represents all that is awful and discouraging about this process. I use at least a dozen other travel apps and this is by far the worst. If their intention was to re-direct everyone to their mobile site instead of using the app, then this app is wildly successful. However, as an application to help travel or organize travel documents, it is utterly useless.
If it were published on April 1, I would have applauded their April Fools joke for pushing out such a horrendous product. Alas, it's not a beta version nor a joke. This is the type of experience that completely changes eight years of brand loyalty.
There are so many great examples of what an airline app should look like out there I cannot believe that American airlines couldn't even find it in their means to copy one of them. This is the most horrible app to try and travel on that I've ever done and I travel all over the world. It is no wonder why I have gone ahead and switched airlines and I only leave this note because I have been forced to fly on American due to schedule. It took me approximately 20 minutes just to figure out that I could not book a flight within their app. How stinking hard is that what good is the app if it has to redirect you to a web browser to book a flight. The list goes on and on after that, this thing is a piece of junk.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 30, 2015
- Version: 3.12.1
- Size: 39.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Airlines, Inc.
- © Copyright 2014 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.