By American Airlines
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Simply swipe and tap your way through your personalized American Airlines travel information with the app that’s perfect for flying through airports.
- Enter your login & password only once: saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
- Set a parking reminder
- Monitor your place on the standby list
- Track your Elite Status progress
- View personal flight details: get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
- Access your mobile boarding pass: the app saves it for you, so it’s always easy to find
- Add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook
- Use GPS to locate the nearest American Airlines serviced airport
- View terminal maps
- Play Sudoku
Plus, access a variety of other tools to help you manage, plan and further enjoy each trip you take on American Airlines:
- Book Flights
- Check In for Flights
- Create Flight Status Notifications
- Check Flight Status & Schedules
- Access your AAdvantage® account*
- Enroll in the AAdvantage® program
- Access Contact Information
For Passbook users, you can add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook and it will automatically appear on your lock screen as you get closer to your departure time. You can find out additional details about your flight by selecting the information button on the front of your pass in Passbook. This information button will display your record locator, departure date, duration of the flight, and if wifi is available for your flight. The pass will automatically update with flight details if flight status is checked in our app.
We are developing our plans for future functionality to be included in our American Airlines app. Please send us your feedback. We are listening.
What's New in Version 3.2.0
· Additional upgrade opportunities available for purchase if a credit card is stored in your AAdvantage profile. To store a credit card, simply go to aa.com and update your Reservation Preferences in your AAdvantage profile.
· GPS and traffic alerts 4 hours prior to departure for iOS
· Passbook push notifications for flight cancellations
Good Overall / Couple Helpful Improvements
Easy to navigate and aesthetically pleasing app with lots of nice features.
Date selection for "Flight Schedule" needs to be changed to a calendar format rather than scrolling. Every time I've tried to use this, I've had to back out to review a calendar. Flight pricing would be another nice option to see here as well.
Overall, good tool that I use often- best airline app I've worked with.
Passbook done right
I normally fly Delta, and they also provide passbook support like AA. But, Delta does not update your gate information once you have added your ticket to passbook. AA does and they alert you when the change happens. This is the best passbook implementation for an airline I have seen yet. Very useful!
I travel often, primarily on American, and this is hands down the best airline app for iOS. If the developers are actually reading this, please talk someone into enabling passbook importing when departing from Tucson (TUC). They officially support mobile boarding pass scanning now.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 01, 2014
- Version: 3.2.0
- Size: 43.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Airlines, Inc.
- © Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.