By American Airlines
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the American Airlines app, you’re covered with the information you need exactly when you need it. Curious about traffic to the airport? Need a mobile boarding pass? Wondering where the closest Admirals Club® lounge is located? All of this info, and more, is available at your fingertips.
- Dynamic home screen: Knows where you are in your travel journey and gives you easy access to the right tools at the right time.
- Mobile boarding pass: Check in for your trip and retrieve your mobile boarding pass. No need to print, and it’s updated along the way.
- Flight updates: Get the latest flight updates by simply retrieving your reservation and allowing American Airlines to send notifications to your mobile device.
- Interactive terminal maps: Navigating airports is a breeze with our interactive terminal maps. Find the closest Admirals Club lounge or get directions to your connecting gate.
- AAdvantage® account details: Review all the details of your AAdvantage account right from the app. Not an AAdvantage member? Sign up today.
- Upgrade your seat: Request and purchase upgrades with ease. Want to see where you are on the list? The app displays the upgrade standby list within four hours of your scheduled departure.
- Seat selection: Select or change your seat within the app. Just pick the one you’d like and change it on the spot.
- Track your bag: Know exactly where your bag is from the time it leaves your hands to when you extend the handle at your final destination.
- Save your reservation: Your recently viewed reservations are automatically saved in the app so you can easily grab the details for your next flight in seconds.
- Quick interactions: The American app utilizes 3D touch and is Apple watch compatible, giving you quick access to the most important info.
- Wi-Fi access in the air: Don’t forget on flights with Wi-Fi, you can use the American app and aa.com at no cost.
There’s a new group of flyers out there – The World’s Greatest Flyers. They know that having the right travel tools contributes to a great experience.
New with iOS10, the sky’s the limit with the American Airlines sticker pack! Let friends and family know that you’re traveling, headed to the Admirals Club® lounge to take it easy before taking off, snapping photos at 30,000 feet or that you’ve arrived.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
What's New in Version 5.2.0
- The ability to rebook your flight when there are delays or cancellations
- New background images
- Use terminal maps to order food from restaurants at DFW, LAX, ATL and AUS; more airports coming soon
- Minor enhancements and bug fixes
Way worse United/Delta
Truly don't understand how this app is so far behind their competitors. Why are seat maps no where to be found? Upgrade lists sometimes show up, sometimes they don't. Finding aircraft routing is no where near intuitive.
United allows me to do it all within the app within a couple clicks, built in seat map and upgrade buttons native for every flight. Why can't AA figure it out? This app works and looks like it was made it 2010. Come on AA!
Edit for most recent version: So you add updates for more background images but I still can't book a flight within a legacy airline's own native app? I am still baffled this app can be so far behind when it is compared to competitors.
Most of the functionality of the app is fine. However, you STILL have it set up to where if you try to book a flight it just redirects you to the mobile web version of the website.
Come on. This is the sponsored app of a major domestic airline in 2017.
The only excuse for that is laziness and/or being cheap on the part of the developers.
Just make the flight booking functional within the app already. Every other major airline seems to have figured that out.
Will you ever have the ability to book flights within the app
Checkout Delta's app. Their app allows you to book solely within the app with out having to log in. Will you have the same feature? I think that would enhance you app even more.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 19, 2017
- Version: 5.2.0
- Size: 106 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: American Airlines, Inc.
- © Copyright 2014 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.