By American Airlines
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Simply swipe and tap your way through your personalized American Airlines travel information with the app that’s perfect for flying through airports.
- Enter your login & password only once: saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
- Set a parking reminder
- Monitor your place on the standby list
- Track your Elite Status progress
- View personal flight details: get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
- Access your mobile boarding pass: the app saves it for you, so it’s always easy to find
- Add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook
- Use GPS to locate the nearest American Airlines serviced airport
- View terminal maps
Plus, access a variety of other tools to help you manage, plan and further enjoy each trip you take on American Airlines:
- Book Flights
- Check In for Flights
- Create Flight Status Notifications
- Check Flight Status & Schedules
- Access your AAdvantage® account*
- Enroll in the AAdvantage® program
- Access Contact Information
For Passbook users, you can add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook and it will automatically appear on your lock screen as you get closer to your departure time. You can find out additional details about your flight by selecting the information button on the front of your pass in Passbook. This information button will display your record locator, departure date, duration of the flight, and if wifi is available for your flight. The pass will automatically update with flight details if flight status is checked in our app.
We are developing our plans for future functionality to be included in our American Airlines app. Please send us your feedback. We are listening.
Upon installation, you are consenting to the install of this application and any future updates or upgrades you may request.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
What's New in Version 4.2.0
- Now you can personalize your Apple Watch to show your American flight details on the watch face.
- Updated content for terminal maps
- Multi-tasking support for iPad on iOS 9
- Various bug fixes
Well, at least the app is consistent with the service you get from the airline.
I'm not a fan of American Airlines. I'm sure some of their flight attendants aren't surly, some of their gate agents ate knowledgeable, and some of their "services" are not simply ways to extort more money from passengers. But this app does nothing to lead me to believe that my future travel will be any different from my past.
Is there a reason for the complicated interface? Is there a reason certain functions can't be handled by the app and I have to be redirected to the airline's site. I bet there is. And I bet it's the same reason my entire experience with American is consistently difficult: they cut corners wherever they can.
OK App...could be better
App is OK for checking AAdvantage account balance and for accessing reservations on day of travel for check-in, mobile boarding pass, etc. Could definitely be better though.
My one most wanted feature would be the ability to save reservations to the app that don't have your AAdvantage number in them. I credit most of my flights to Alaska, so the app doesn't let me save those reservations. Delta is able to do this with their app, so it shouldn't be impossible to implement.
When confirming reservations online app crashed losing all info. Had to call AA to get reservations fixed and in the process lost upgrades.
Making reservations on the app is horrible as it lists both outgoing and returning flights together, making it extremely difficult to get the exact flights one would like. When looking for afternoon flights it lists 6am flights!
After the last update the app just sits waiting to update, can't access and can't delete it!
AA should take a look at other airline apps for ideas on improvements as American Airlines yours is the worst!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 21, 2015
- Version: 4.2.0
- Size: 53.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: American Airlines, Inc.
- © Copyright 2014 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.