By American Airlines
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Simply swipe and tap your way through your personalized American Airlines travel information with the app that’s perfect for flying through airports.
- Enter your login & password only once: saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
- Set a parking reminder
- Monitor your place on the standby list
- Track your Elite Status progress
- View personal flight details: get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
- Access your mobile boarding pass: the app saves it for you, so it’s always easy to find
- Add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook
- Use GPS to locate the nearest American Airlines serviced airport
- View terminal maps
Plus, access a variety of other tools to help you manage, plan and further enjoy each trip you take on American Airlines:
- Book Flights
- Check In for Flights
- Create Flight Status Notifications
- Check Flight Status & Schedules
- Access your AAdvantage® account*
- Enroll in the AAdvantage® program
- Access Contact Information
For Passbook users, you can add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook and it will automatically appear on your lock screen as you get closer to your departure time. You can find out additional details about your flight by selecting the information button on the front of your pass in Passbook. This information button will display your record locator, departure date, duration of the flight, and if wifi is available for your flight. The pass will automatically update with flight details if flight status is checked in our app.
We are developing our plans for future functionality to be included in our American Airlines app. Please send us your feedback. We are listening.
Upon installation, you are consenting to the install of this application and any future updates or upgrades you may request.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
What's New in Version 4.1.0
- Purchase 500 mile upgrades, if you don’t have enough for your trip, within the app using your stored or new credit card (single passengers only)
- Now view more relevant items on the home screen
- New interactive terminal maps for 10 major airports. Locate Admirals Clubs, search for shops/restaurants, zoom, map routes with navigation to bag claim or your connecting gate
- Select the AAdvantage banner on the home screen to access our redesigned My Account section
- Ability to delete expired Passbook boarding passes (under Settings & Info on the home screen)
- Various bug fixes
Disappointing to say the least
Well, I can no longer log into the App either with the new version. I am getting that this version is no longer supported but this is the latest version. I must agree that AA is way behind the times with regards to both the Website AND App. I tried to make a reservation with miles on the App and the discounted one disappeared during the reservation process. I called the mobile support site (as well as leaving site feedback and emails to customer support). The person on the mobile support's response was "Wow, I didn't know you could make reservations with miles on-line and I have been here 13 years!" So much for mobile support. And no responses to any of my other support requests. Now I remember why I haven't flown AA in so long - such a nightmare! Flight entertainment not updated timely, supposedly I can choose my meal (I had banked enough miles to fly business) but that doesn't work either. Very bad front end AND Customer Service! They definitely should be looking at what other airline sites/APPs are doing! Sorry AA...
"Delete expired passes" is back!
Love that you have added back the functionality for easily deleting expired passbook passes! It's a bit hidden (under settings & info) but definitely helps when I'm clearing out my passes!
Also LOVE the terminal maps! Takes a minute for them to load but it's worth the wait! Can't wait for more enhancements!
Up up and Away
Love the new terminal maps! They're extremely detailed and useful. I love how it also pulls the maps for the airports I visit most frequently.
AA is leading the way. The app is simple to use. Has great itinerary emailing, parking reminders, and status tracking all conveniently and beautifully built in!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 47.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: American Airlines, Inc.
- © Copyright 2014 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.