By American Airlines
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Simply swipe and tap your way through your personalized American Airlines travel information with the app that’s perfect for flying through airports.
- Enter your login & password only once: saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
- Set a parking reminder
- Monitor your place on the standby list
- Track your Elite Status progress
- View personal flight details: get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
- Access your mobile boarding pass: the app saves it for you, so it’s always easy to find
- Add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook
- Use GPS to locate the nearest American Airlines serviced airport
- View terminal maps
Plus, access a variety of other tools to help you manage, plan and further enjoy each trip you take on American Airlines:
- Book Flights
- Check In for Flights
- Create Flight Status Notifications
- Check Flight Status & Schedules
- Access your AAdvantage® account*
- Enroll in the AAdvantage® program
- Access Contact Information
For Passbook users, you can add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook and it will automatically appear on your lock screen as you get closer to your departure time. You can find out additional details about your flight by selecting the information button on the front of your pass in Passbook. This information button will display your record locator, departure date, duration of the flight, and if wifi is available for your flight. The pass will automatically update with flight details if flight status is checked in our app.
We are developing our plans for future functionality to be included in our American Airlines app. Please send us your feedback. We are listening.
Upon installation, you are consenting to the install of this application and any future updates or upgrades you may request.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
What's New in Version 3.10
- Seat maps and flight status notifications added for Piedmont, Air Wisconsin, PSA
- Share your reservation from the flight details or reservation page via text, email or calendar. We will prepopulate your calendar request and you can edit before saving.
- Various bug fixes
Some limitations & bugs that need to be fixed
This is an OK app but certainly not great. Two issues that need to be resolved: 1) The app cannot retrieve a reservation that has two passengers with the same first name/last name even if the middle names/initials are different. It provides an error message stating you should contact the AAdvantage desk to have your AAdvantage number added to the reservation. Guess what? The number is already there and I have no problem accessing it from the website! 2) The listings of Admirals Club locations should be able to be accessed without an Internet connection. In a foreign (non U.S. airport) wifi is not always available and cellular data charges are expensive. The United Airlines app gas this available.
Almost made me miss my flight
The old app would auto update any gate changes and alert you. I flew through DFW yesterday and when I arrived at the D gate 30 mins before my flight to board my app still showed the gate as D21 but the flight had been moved to C19. Not exactly close by. I checked the app and my digital boarding card and both showed D21. I had to hit the refresh button to find the new gate. Here's the thing. You know I'm in the airport. You ought to know I'm in the Admirals Club in term D. You should be able to send an alert as soon as the gate changes. Followed by a text alert. You need to provide contextual service in the moment of need. This app has gone backwards.
It just is... Updated
Since you guys merged with American Airways.... Hand over app responsibilities to their app team. Their app works a lot smoother. And just in case it is the same team... Seriously, stop messing around and create a smooth experience. Along the way please fix the following:
Let me adequately edit member info from the app.
Allow me to reserve flights for a lap child.
Let me check in when I have a lap hold.
Let me access my boarding pass when... You know where I'm going again.
Add a contact email address on the mobile app.
Stop sending me to the mobile website within the app. It keeps crashing or glitchy get or not loading.
-----seriously look at the competitors' apps. Look at booking flour apps (Expedia, orbitz, travelosity). Look at other airlines (JetBlue, Delta, and American Airways.) ------
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 14, 2015
- Version: 3.10
- Size: 39.0 MB
- Language: En
- Seller: American Airlines, Inc.
- © Copyright 2014 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.