By American Airlines
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Simply swipe and tap your way through your personalized American Airlines travel information with the app that’s perfect for flying through airports.
- Enter your login & password only once: saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
- Set a parking reminder
- Monitor your place on the standby list
- Track your Elite Status progress
- View personal flight details: get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
- Access your mobile boarding pass: the app saves it for you, so it’s always easy to find
- Add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook
- Use GPS to locate the nearest American Airlines serviced airport
- View terminal maps
Plus, access a variety of other tools to help you manage, plan and further enjoy each trip you take on American Airlines:
- Book Flights
- Check In for Flights
- Create Flight Status Notifications
- Check Flight Status & Schedules
- Access your AAdvantage® account*
- Enroll in the AAdvantage® program
- Access Contact Information
For Passbook users, you can add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook and it will automatically appear on your lock screen as you get closer to your departure time. You can find out additional details about your flight by selecting the information button on the front of your pass in Passbook. This information button will display your record locator, departure date, duration of the flight, and if wifi is available for your flight. The pass will automatically update with flight details if flight status is checked in our app.
We are developing our plans for future functionality to be included in our American Airlines app. Please send us your feedback. We are listening.
Upon installation, you are consenting to the install of this application and any future updates or upgrades you may request.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
What's New in Version 4.3.0
- iPhone 6s and 6s+ customers can quickly link into check in, change seats, terminal maps and other features using 3D Touch
- Find an Admirals Club® lounge from the home screen
- Elite members can request 500-mile upgrades on eligible segments within the app. Elite members can also purchase 500-mile upgrades from My Account
- More upgrade opportunities are available for purchase based on eligibility and availability
- Upgrade List now available for eligible regional carriers (within 4 hrs of departure)
- Various bug fixes
Not sure why they are so many haters for this app. It is a wonderful app and I have used it for over 100,000 miles of travel this year. They are quick to integrate new features, such as the Apple Watch complications feature. There are occasional bugs and not all features are integrate into the app (sometime you are redirected to their mobile website) but it is dead reliable for the most critical features - checking flight status, checking in and downloading a boarding pass to your phone, changing seats and more.
Great app for the frequent flyer
App is great for managing all my flights. Love the ability to see my place for upgrades and standby. Also like seat change/assignment and the flight status integration. But my favorite is the Apple Watch "complication" that you can add to the customized layout - I never have to pull my phone out in the airport anymore!!!
I really enjoy being able to just use my phone for digital boarding passes rather than have to print them and shuffle through multiple papers on a multi-legged trip. Thanks for the convenience!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 19, 2015
- Version: 4.3.0
- Size: 56.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: American Airlines, Inc.
- © Copyright 2014 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.