By American Airlines
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Simply swipe and tap your way through your personalized American Airlines travel information with the app that’s perfect for flying through airports.
- Enter your login & password only once: saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
- Set a parking reminder
- Monitor your place on the standby list
- Track your Elite Status progress
- View personal flight details: get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
- Access your mobile boarding pass: the app saves it for you, so it’s always easy to find
- Add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook
- Use GPS to locate the nearest American Airlines serviced airport
- View terminal maps
- Play Sudoku
Plus, access a variety of other tools to help you manage, plan and further enjoy each trip you take on American Airlines:
- Book Flights
- Check In for Flights
- Create Flight Status Notifications
- Check Flight Status & Schedules
- Access your AAdvantage® account*
- Enroll in the AAdvantage® program
- Access Contact Information
For Passbook users, you can add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook and it will automatically appear on your lock screen as you get closer to your departure time. You can find out additional details about your flight by selecting the information button on the front of your pass in Passbook. This information button will display your record locator, departure date, duration of the flight, and if wifi is available for your flight. The pass will automatically update with flight details if flight status is checked in our app.
We are developing our plans for future functionality to be included in our American Airlines app. Please send us your feedback. We are listening.
What's New in Version 3.3.0
- Now retrieve your mobile boarding pass for AA flights (for eligible cities) on itineraries with codeshare flights
- Ability to change your seat on US Airways flights
- Upon check in, see status of systemwide and 500-mile upgrade requests
- Mobile boarding pass redesign/enhancements
- Smarter search capabilities on Flight Status and Schedules
- Various other bug fixes
Still can't check bags
The latest update is much slicker and the boarding pass actually updates now with the correct gate. However, checking in with this app is still useless if you want to check your bag. Unlike other airlines' apps, this one forces you to stand in line and re-check in at the airport...exactly as if you can not checked in at all. Sort of pointless, really.
I've only had the app shortly, but am very pleased so far. Just booked a flight and found my flight information quickly.
After using both delta and united apps, American Airlines has the worst iOS app of them all. Slow buggy clunky crash prone and worthless. You can't even add flights you've already paid for to the app! I downloaded this app for passbook access and that's about all it does right.
After repeated bailouts of the airline industry the least they can do is deliver a decent working app. C'mon American get it together!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 13, 2014
- Version: 3.3.0
- Size: 43.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Airlines, Inc.
- © Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.