By American Airlines
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the travel app that understands who you are and where you’re going. From where you’re departing and from what gate. Where you’ll sit and even where you are on the standby list. Simply swipe and tap your way through your personalized American Airlines travel information with the app that’s perfect for flying through airports.
- Enter your login & password only once: saving your info allows the app to push your upcoming flight details to your home screen, automatically
- Set a parking reminder
- Monitor your place on the standby list
- Track your Elite Status progress
- View personal flight details: get your gate, seat and flight status info at a glance
- Access your mobile boarding pass: the app saves it for you, so it’s always easy to find
- Add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook
- Use GPS to locate the nearest American Airlines serviced airport
- View terminal maps
Plus, access a variety of other tools to help you manage, plan and further enjoy each trip you take on American Airlines:
- Book Flights
- Check In for Flights
- Create Flight Status Notifications
- Check Flight Status & Schedules
- Access your AAdvantage® account*
- Enroll in the AAdvantage® program
- Access Contact Information
For Passbook users, you can add your mobile boarding pass to Passbook and it will automatically appear on your lock screen as you get closer to your departure time. You can find out additional details about your flight by selecting the information button on the front of your pass in Passbook. This information button will display your record locator, departure date, duration of the flight, and if wifi is available for your flight. The pass will automatically update with flight details if flight status is checked in our app.
We are developing our plans for future functionality to be included in our American Airlines app. Please send us your feedback. We are listening.
Upon installation, you are consenting to the install of this application and any future updates or upgrades you may request.
Contact Us: 1-800-222-2377
What's New in Version 4.5.1
- Removed San Francisco (SFO) from terminal maps, find services & navigation aide
- Bug fixes
Get with it AA!!
This app is terrible. I fly 2 airlines, American and Southwest. I use both apps regularly. By far, the southwest app is superior. Easy to use, fast, and reliable. The agency responsible for creating this app should take some serious notes from the SW app. The first basic improvement should be making it easier to book trips. I want to book 1 leg at a time. Don't make me search through all the options including the return flight. Let me pick my departure flight...then my return flight. This would have people a lot of time. Pretty basic people!! Come on... Get it together AA. You should be embarrassed with this current version.
If I could give it no stars I would
This app doesn't make sense. You can check in online, but if you check bags you still have to check in at airport. You can't check bags in or pay for them and changing seats only works part of the time (like when you're checking in). Please take note from Delta. Their app is amazing and so much easier to use.
This is easily the worst layout I've seen for booking a flight. The layout is the least user-friendly for picking flights and it doesn't even show you all the options available. Going on Travelocity, Orbitz or ANY OTHER app is incredibly more efficient, user-friendly and understandable. These app designers are the worst!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 27, 2016
- Version: 4.5.1
- Size: 55.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: American Airlines, Inc.
- © Copyright 2014 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.