By Daniel ALEMU
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Amharic Alphabet App serves as an introduction to the basics of the Amharic language.
Amharic is the official language of Ethiopia, spoken by a large part of the country’s population. It is the second most widely spoken Semitic language in the world. Among Semitic languages, Amharic is only surpassed by Arabic but it well exceeds Hebrew in the number of speakers.
This App introduces you to the letters of the Amharic Alphabet and allows you to get familiar with each letter at your own pace.
As you go through each letter of the Alphabet by syllable, you may tap on the symbol shown to listen to the recordings as spoken by a native speaker.
This App is not just for beginners to Amharic. It can help as a self-guided refresher course to anyone who might be out of Amharic language practice. And even if you are well versed in the language, you will find this App to be an excellent reference to the Amharic Alphabet.
Amharic Alphabet App is at your service to help you learn or remember the essential basics of the Amharic language with symbols and sounds of the letters that comprise the Amharic alphabet.
- Additional features and enhancements
- Content and improvements suggested by users.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Support for iOS 6
- Optimized for iPhone 5
- Tap on each letter in Alphabet view to listen to and learn the pronunciation of each syllable. This works on iPad and in landscape views of iPhone and iPod touch.
Letter Detail View
- New layout for detailed letter view. Now you can slide through each syllable one by one.
- Tap on Amharic letter symbol for sound
- Tap on Syllable order name for pronunciation of the Syllable order.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 02, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 2.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Daniel ALEMU
- © 2012 Daniel ALEMU
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.