Amharic is the official language of Ethiopia, spoken by a large part of the country’s population. It is the second most widely spoken Semitic language in the world.
Amharic App makes learning the language so much easy and fun. It allows you to get familiar with the various parts of this intriguing language at your own pace. And if you are already fluent in Amharic, you will find this App to be an excellent reference of this interesting language.
You can learn the basics starting with the letters of the Alphabet and then work your way through the numeric symbols and punctuation marks. You may then go on to build your Amharic word power by navigating through categories or by searching for their English equivalents in the vocabulary section.
Also in the Vocabulary section, you can learn how to communicate with common phrases such as 'Thank You', 'Hello', 'Goodbye' and much more.
In the likely case that you are interested in the sounds of the words and characters of the Amharic language, you may tap on any letter, number, word, or phrase to listen to the recordings as spoken by a native speaker.
Using the Amharic iOS App, you can
- Learn the symbols and sounds of the letters in the Amharic alphabet.
- Play a fun game of Amharic Letter Puzzle. You drag to move the letters around to get them in syllable order and win the game.
- Learn about the number symbols used in the Amharic language and hear how they sound.
- Convert numbers to Amharic numeric symbols
- Get to know the punctuation marks used in Amharic text
- Browse through and amass a searchable vocabulary of an ever growing number of words and phrases in the Amharic language.
- Enhance your Amharic learning with Vocabulary Flash Cards. Test yourself by switching from English to Amharic and vice-versa. Tap on the Amharic letter to learn the pronunciation.
- Lots more words and phrases to enjoy in the vocabulary section.
- Additional features and enhancements suggested by users.
- Bug fixes
- New words and expressions
Ratings and Reviews
Decent Amharic Resource
This is a decent app that has been getting pretty regular updates through the years. Far from a language course, it serves as a study tool that you can use during those "hidden moments" throughout the day.
Considering the lack of decent Amharic learning resources out there, I am tempted to give this app 5 stars. However, I definitely see room for improvement and will leave that last star when I feel it's truly been earned.
Great job though and thanks for helping others learn this difficult language.
great app but...
I would like to say that this is the best app you could have in Amharic at the moment. I am very happy with it. but I would like suggest an improvement, the app has a lot of vocabulary, but sometimes when I want to know a word and I search it, the app doesn't have it. example; "cheat" , "mad" and many more. i have a dictionary it's not a problem for me to find these, but it would be nice if the author would add maybe 50 words a month to the vocabulary, it would grow and grow and in time it will even replace my dictionary one day.
I have tried many phase books and computer program to learn Amharic over the years and this is by far the most interesting one. No book can help you if it doesn't keep your attention and if you don't have someone to speak with to improve. This app keeps my attention and allows me to hear what the words should sound like. My wife and daughter better watch out because now daddy will fully understand what there talking about very soon.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.