Amika® Panic for Mobile is a personal safety app that instantly lets others know you are in trouble, along with your location. Whether you need help in an emergency or you are concerned about your safety, Amika®Panic for Mobile makes it easy with a simple and intuitive app. It’s easy for anyone to use.
This is the complementary app for the Amika®I-am-OK for Mobile Personal Version app, which instantly lets others know you are safe, along with your location. It is at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id949726700.
NOTE: This is the personal version of the Amika®Panic for Mobile app, which can be used by anyone without requiring connectivity to an Amika Mobility Server (AMS) 2-way mass communication solution. If you are looking for the Amika®Panic Enterprise app, it is at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id944718827.
This app provides a PANIC icon, giving you the ability to quickly and easily initiate alert messages to contacts that you specify. A PANIC message may be sent, simply by launching the app. Messages incorporate your location and your contact information, and are sent by text (SMS) and email within seconds.
(If you are part of an organization that has purchased an AMS solution, this app can also be configured to initiate alert messages through that solution to members of your organization. Your organization's security team must provide you with instructions.)
- get help from friends and family if you are followed when walking alone at night
- ask for help from security when threatened in an isolated parking lot or building
PANIC INITIATION: Press the red icon. Your device will vibrate with increasing urgency, and a cancel button appears with a 10 second (?) countdown. If the cancel is not pressed before the countdown expires, the PANIC message and your location will be sent immediately.
NOTE: Amika®Panic SMS messages rely on availability of wireless carrier service. The email and AMS messaging rely on either WiFi or cellular data service. Depending upon your cellular plan, you may be charged for these services. Location provision relies on your device's GPS capability being enabled. The app will only activate GPS when sending a message, and for a very short time thereafter. If location services are not available at activation, your last known location will be provided (with a "stale" warning). If the location subsequently becomes available, a second message will be sent. Note that location accuracy is affected by GPS satellite line of sight.
• Fixed an issue that could allow all emergency contacts to be removed
• Fixed an issue that could lock a user out of the App after updating contact information when registered with an AMS
• Improved the accuracy of the location reported when the button is activated.
• Improved to continue watching for location updates after sending an alert which had a “stale” location. An UPDATE alert is sent if location is determined within a small amount of time.
• Improved the SMS control switch “disabled” behaviour (under Advanced) to disable SMS origination completely, even if it is specified as “enabled” in the AMS profile.
• Added an “Extra Info” switch (under Advanced). If enabled the main screen will display the current detected location and data connection state.
• Added the current version number to the Advanced page.
• Fixed an issue that could cause the button activation to be reported very late.
• Fixed an issue that could cause the button activation to fail.
- Amika Mobile Corporation
- 33.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2017 Amika Mobile Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.