The last remaining memories fade away into darkness. Your mind is a mess and only a feeling of being hunted remains. You must escape. Awake... Amnesia: The Dark Descent, a first person survival horror. A game about immersion, discovery and living through a nightmare. An experience that will chill you to the core.
- Intel Processor.
- ATI/AMD or NVIDIA graphics card, no other types of hardware supported.
If your computer does not match the requirements, the game will freeze, crash or not run at all.
- Fixes various crash issues related to the added gamepad support in 1.3.
- Fixed being able to rebind the lean buttons.
- Updated launcher to correctly limit SSAO samples to 32x.
Ratings and Reviews
Very on edge of my seat….
This game is very dark and perfect if you want to be scared like me. OMG…It has a way of getting you scared quick. I have to keep telling myself that this is just a game. Its haunted and werid but in a good way. Now I will not be able to sleep. Great game.
Wish it lasted longer
Normally I can play scary games and, not be scared, because I know I have some form of defense. This game has me, already (30 minutes into the game) peeking around corners and jumping to every background sound, in fact, I even hid in a dresser for 10 minutes once because of the intense background noise. I almost came to the conclusion that I am never playing this game again because, it is to scary, and I have yet to even see or get chased by the monster! Most insane game to date.
What is great is that I run a Mac mini, I can barely play certain games at a high setting, and with a low setting i still get choppy gameplay. Now in this game i have everything on high and the game still runs smooth. For $5, it is the most magnificant deal yet, I normally don't write reviews unless I am extremely impressed with it. This is it.
PS. It's even scarier since you do not have Toby (Tobuscus) to commentate on everything, a lot less funny, a lot more scary.
- Frictional Games AB
- 1.3 GB
OS X 10.6 or later
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2010-2015 Frictional Games AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.