By Agile Partners
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
AmpKit transforms your Mac into a powerful guitar amp & effects studio!
Includes 22 faithfully-reproduced amps with 38 separate amp channels, 28 pedals, 28 cabinets and 8 mics. Effects include various overdrive, distortion, fuzz, compression and phaser pedals, plus clean boost, delay, reverb, acoustic simulation, wah, EQ, octaver, tremolo, vibrato, chorus, and flanger. Add up 30 pedals per setup for near-infinite tone possibilities. 137 presets to inspire you: from smooth cleans and earthy acoustics to bone-crushing high-gain metal.
"AmpKit: The Best App for Guitarists Comes to Mac"
"It's everything I liked about the iPhone and iPad versions, bigger and with all of the settings more easily accessible on one panel."
- Brett Terpstra, TUAW.com
• All AmpKit gear is accurately modeled after highly-sought-after, real-world guitar gear
• Thunderously accurate high gain amps & effects
• Enhanced high-fidelity simulation to deliver the ultimate in realistic tone on both clean & high-gain setups
• Intuitive and easy-to-use, with authentic visuals and full Retina display support on the new MacBook Pros
• Outstanding 64-bit performance on any Mac running OS X Lion and Mountain Lion, including MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, for ultra-portable operation
• Takes advantage of great OS X features such as Multi-Touch gestures, Full-Screen mode, sharing via email or AirDrop, and Quick Look
• Power users will love AmpKit's multiple UI panels and multi-display support
• Sophisticated recording capabilities with non-destructive re-amping
• World-class bass amplification with 3 feature-rich bass amps
• Jam along with any of AmpKit's 23 included backing tracks or add your own including iTunes music
• Built-in high-precision tuner and metronome
• Works with virtually any analog or digital guitar interface
What's New in Version 2.0.3
Fixed crash when using AmpKit on Mac OS 10.7 and 10.8
works on my macbook pro
I just tried this again after not using it for a long time. It works pretty well on a fairly recent 2014 Macbook Pro i7, with just a hint of latency and no problems to note. I bought this app when I was using a 2010 Macbook Pro though it wasn’t with this version of the app. I stopped using it then because it just wasn’t working well enough. I’ll use it more now that I know it works on my current machine. I don’t know if it’s because of the faster machine, because they’ve improved the app, or both.
Good guitar amp
Great UI, and very easy to use. It is also reasonably cheap if compared with similar apps. However, the tone and customization options aren’t quite up to par - compared for instance with BIAS or Amplitube, I can see a noticeable difference in tone quality, with Ampkit sounding “smaller” and more artificial. Overall though, bang for the buck it is still an excellent buy.
Horrible latency even with quad core i7
64 is the lowest setting for latency on my Macbook pro 2011 model i7 quad core through a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, which runs flawlessly using Reason and Reaper with way more application and no latency issues. Not sure if this is a bug after updating OS X but please fix this in an update, it is useless with so much delay, you play a not and the hear it a second later, not fun at all.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 07, 2015
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 131 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Agile Partners Technologies, LLC
- © 2014 Agile Partners Technologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor