AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™
By IK Multimedia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
JIMI HENDRIX™ TONE ON YOUR iPHONE. NOW WITH INTER-APP AUDIO AND AUDIOBUS SUPPORT! USE AMPLITUBE WITH OTHER AUDIO APPS IN REAL TIME.
Want to rock Hendrix's Rig? Now you can with the new AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ app. Play through the legendary guitar icon's pedals and amplifiers, all from the convenience of your iPhone®.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ is a full-featured mobile guitar effects processor and recording studio app that lets you play, practice and record with Jimi Hendrix's gear, anytime and everywhere. Use the iRig or iRig STOMP interface to connect your guitar to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad®, and use iRig MIDI to control AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ with your floor controller.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ lets you build a flexible guitar signal chain complete with 3 stompbox effects and an amplifier head with cabinet, plus a single-track recorder (expandable to 4 tracks) for capturing your musical ideas quickly and easily.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ features models of all the legendary gear used by Hendrix, both in the studio and in his live performances. Now you can rock his legendary amplifiers like the JH GOLD based on the Marshall® JTM45™ and the JH DUAL based on the Fender® Dual Showman™.
You can also rock the guitar pedals that allowed Hendrix to make his sonic breakthroughs, as he experimented with the full expressive possibilities of electronic effects while creating his pioneering guitar tones.
You can import/purchase and play along with Hendrix's™ extensive discography or any music from your music library. Also included is a large collection of Jimi Hendrix guitar tone preset settings, provided as starting points for your own tone tweaking or for just playing along.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ also features a robust Song player section that allows you to play along with songs or backing tracks by importing them directly from your device's iPod library or from your computer. The song section also features links to Jimi Hendrix™ music available for purchase on the iTunes store that can be downloaded and added to your library and the app for play-along.
The Song section also includes our popular SpeedTrainer learning/practice feature, which can slow down or speed up the tempo of audio material without affecting pitch. A digital chromatic tuner and metronome are also included.
IMPORTANT: if you currently own AmpliTube for iPhone, upgrade to the latest version (now available as a free upgrade), and all AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix gear models are available as in-app purchase, either as a complete set or a-la-carte. This is recommended if you’d like to use the AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix models with your other AmpliTube for iPhone app.
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ features:
- Real-time guitar mobile multiFX + recording app with Jimi Hendrix tone
- Jimi Hendrix™ gear models: 5 Stompboxes (Noise Filter, Fuzz Age, Octa-V, Uni-V, Wah 46) 2 Amplifiers (JH Gold, JH Dual) and 2 cabinets (2x15"J, 4x12"J)
- Complete Jimi Hendrix™ Discography Presets
- Jimi Hendrix™ song links directly within the app for play-along
- Inter-App Audio support (available on iOS 7 only)
- Audiobus compatible
- Single-track recorder expandable to 4-track studio with master effects (via in-app purchase)
- Import and play songs as backing tracks from your iPod library or computer
- Export via E-mail, SoundCloud, FTP or File Sharing
- Audio Copy/Paste - Slow down/speed up the tempo of imported songs without affecting pitch
- NO VOICE feature removes the lead vocal or guitar solo from imported songs
- Powerful preset system to manage presets and favorites
- Digital audio in/out
- MIDI controllable (available as in-app purchase and free for iRig MIDI users)
- Low-latency for real time playing
More apps information:
What's New in Version 1.5.1
- Addresses minor issues related to Inter-App Audio performance and stability
I have bought the Jimi pack, the Soldano, Fender amps, most of the stomps, and I am overall extremely pleased with the quality and coolness after using these gizmologies on both me iPhone and me iPad.
Although I do not own a Soldano I do own a 100watt Plexi clone and the Roger Mayer versions of the Hendrix stomps, mic up using an AKG 414 thru a Neve mic pre.
I have been playing and recording for 30 years + and although there is a difference of quality there is no denying the value and simplicity of this stuff.
I recommend these things to anybody with $15-$20 to spend on their rig.
Doubt you'll regret it.
Note to the developers: it would be nice if we didn't have to buy things twice when it comes to the iPhone and iPad purchases, that's kinda undude.
Are you kidding me? I can have the Hendrix sound on my guitar blaring through my headphones for less than a new pair of sweatpants? Kaching!!! You can't take my money fast enough. The presets and depth are amazing. A must have for any guitar player that wants to feel like Hendrix if even for just a moment.
Spot on tweaking
This app gives a lot of great authentic sounds that allows for many 'a good' Jimi sessions! I think it sounds great all the way through!~
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 04, 2013
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 105 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: IK Multimedia US, LLC
- © 2012-2013 IK Multimedia Production Srl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 4-Track Recorder + Master FX$9.99
- External Control$4.99