By IK Multimedia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***IK'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL! GET AMPLITUBE FOR ONLY $/€15.99 (20% OFF) AND 20% OFF IN-APP PURCHASES FOR LIMITED TIME!***
***NEW OFFICIAL MESA/Boogie® AMPS, CABS & STOMPS AVAILABLE FOR IN-APP PURCHASE: DUAL RECTIFIER, TRIPLE RECTIFIER, MARK III, MARK IV AND TRANSATLANTIC TA-30 AND MORE***
Want to turn your iPhone or iPod touch into the ultimate mobile guitar and bass tone studio? AmpliTube puts the power in your hands with a massive collection of virtual gear that you can use to practice, play and record with world-class tone anytime and everywhere.
Build your own guitar or bass rig with up to 6 stompbox FX, an amplifier and speaker cabinet w/Mic — you can even drag and drop your stomps to sit before or after your amplifier (4 slots pre and 2 slots post).
Just plug your instrument into your iPhone or iPod touch with one of IK's instrument interfaces (like iRig 2 or iRig HD), and get ready to be blown away.
You'll be absolutely floored by the sound quality. AmpliTube now uses the same tone technology as the acclaimed AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop for OS X and PC. You'll hear the difference and understand why AmpliTube is an essential for so many professional musicians and recording studios.
AmpliTube gives you 11 creative stompbox effects, 5 amazing amps, 7 speaker cabinets and 2 mics, 1 Loop Drummer groove from the Rock pack and 1 active track in the recorder section. And you can expand this selection via a massive library of over 100 pieces of expansion gear that includes amps and stompboxes from the world’s best brands like Fender™, Soldano®, Ampeg®, ENGL®, Orange®, T-Rex® and more.
And you'll actually feel like you're in your own professional recording studio thanks to its "Cab Room." Now mic your cabinets in 3D - from dust cap to speaker edge and by varying distances from the speaker - with up to 2 mics in a beautifully rendered virtual studio environment. There are also 16 new highly sought after studio mic models available via in-app purchase adding even more sonic richness.
Like to loop? Now you can get creative with loops in AmpliTube via its new Super Looper. It makes it easy to record, play back, adjust levels and play along with up to 4 loops. Looper is controllable via MIDI or iRig BlueBoard.
Need a drummer? Use the built-in Loop Drummer system to jam to killer drum tracks. Make your own rhythmic patterns or let it create some inspiring drums for you. Get more loops via in-app Style Packs.
Use AmpliTube’s streamlined built-in 8-track recorder and DAW-style studio (available via in-app purchase) sections to record, edit and tweak and share your compositions via SoundCloud, file sharing or email.
• Lets you intuitively create guitar & bass rigs with up to 6 stomps, 1 amp and 1 cab with 2 mics
• Over 100 gear models available
• Includes 11 stomps, 5 amps, 5 cabinets and 2 mics
• “Cab Room" allows 3D placement and miking of cabinets with 2 mics (available via in-app purchase)
• Add more gear via in-app purchase from Fender™, Soldano®, Ampeg®, ENGL®, Orange®, Jimi Hendrix™ collection, T-Rex® and more
• 16 new mics available for purchase
• Included single-track recorder (in-app purchase unlocks up to 8-tracks)
• Studio mode for intuitive DAW-style editing (unlocked via in-app purchase)
• Loop drummer module that plays in sync with the recorder
• Includes speed trainer, metronome and tuner
• Inter-App Audio and AudioBus support (available on iOS 7 and above)
• Project sharing between versions and devices
• Import and play songs as backing tracks from your Music Library or computer
• Export audio via E-mail, SoundCloud or File Sharing
• MIDI controllable
• Low-latency for real-time playing
Requires iPhone 4, iPod touch (5th generation) or later with iOS 7.1 or later
What's New in Version 4.2.0
- New MESA/Boogie models available for in-app purchase
- Unlocked the Loop Drummer track and the first audio track in the DAW section
- General reliability improvements
Loved at First
I've had this app since it was first introduced. I started using it on the iPhone 3GS, then the iPhone 4S, iPad mini, and iPhone 6.
At first it was great, but as my usage became more intense, I found that the app just can't deliver a clean guitar sound. Amplitube for desktop and laptop offers some of the best clean guitar sounds, so when the new version promised the same sound engine as Amplitube 3, I was excited. My complaint about Amplitube was the dirty clean sound, and I thought this new update will fix this, however, it did not. The app sounds as crunchy as ever on so-called clean settings.
I'm very disappointed, I spent a lot of money on in-app purchases, many of them on stomps purchased to create a better clean sound, and still find that I use Positive Grid JamUp and Agile Ampkit way more simply because Amplitube can't deliver a clean amp sound.
Every once in a while I come back to Amplitube iOS after an update just to see if the clean sounds have gotten any better, but they do not, so I go back to using my other products, like Positive Grid Jam-Up, Ampkit and Amplitube 3.
Great guitar app
A great collection of amps and effects. A bit pricey perhaps but still cool to have such a compact tone rig in your pocket. Although it might not sound exactly like the original amps it also only cost a small fraction of the costs of owning all those expensive amps. Still a highly recommended app for iOS guitar or bass players.
Some stereo effects to widen your sound would be very welcome though. I have to admit that i like Tone Stack and BIAS FX slightly better because of their powerful stereo capabilities.
Noisy (crackling/static noise)
I have tried to use this with my iPad air and also iPhone 6+ but it makes a crackling noise through the amp. I am using only the pedals without the amp simulators as I am running it through my Boogie amp. I was hoping to replace my cumbersome pedal board and am unfortunately, heavily invested with AmpliTube. I have their cables and Blueboard and Pro devices….
I have been in contact with support but all they told me to do was delete and re-download the app which I have done… Googling the problem tells me that there are others with the same…
Be careful if you are trying to use this live...
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 15, 2016
- Version: 4.2.0
- Size: 597 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: IK Multimedia US, LLC
- ©2002-2015 IK Multimedia Production Srl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Recorder + Master FX$11.99
- Complete Fender Bundle$11.99
- Graphic Equalizer$1.99
- Parametric Equalizer$1.99
- Metal Distortion$1.99
- LD All Styles Pack$11.99
- Slash Complete Bundle$11.99