Antenna client for reddit
By Alistair Leszkiewicz
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Antenna's unique 'swipe from anywhere' navigation makes browsing on your iPhone or iPad quick and easy
• Cellular data download limits
• Never ending reddit style page loading
• Post actions: upvote, downvote, comment, save, hide, open in web browser
• Sync visited links with reddit gold (see option in reddit preferences)
• Full reddit markup support with embedded links
• Collapsable comments
• Easily identify original posters comments
• Embedded youtube, image, imgur album, and gif viewer
• Recently viewed posts
• Multiple login support
• Share to email, twitter, facebook & readability
• Comments sort and limit options
• Passcode lock
• Spoiler text support
• Default browser can be set to Safari or Chrome
• Order your subreddits
• Bold / Italics formatting for and comments or self text threads
• Marking duplicate posts across pagination
• Swipe left contextual options menu
• New message notifications
• Reply to private messages and comment replies
• Night mode
• Hide read items
• Navigate through images and OP replies in comment threads
• Read later services : Pocket, Readability, Instapaper
• Shortcuts to saved subreddits with sorting, searches, users and more
• Thread submission & imgur upload
• Synccit.com for syncing clicked links
• View users history of posts / comments
• Edit posts and comments
• Auto switching to night mode
• Custom text size and fonts
For feedback please visit /r/antenna
reddit alien logo is trademark owned by Advance Magazine.
What's New in Version 8.12
- Added force preview for reddit posts, subreddits, comments, albums and images (this can be disabled in Settings > 3D Touch Preview)
- Added image uploading when pasting image content into a comment reply
- Fixed issues with comment text being cut off in some instances
- Fixed issues with GIFs not being viewable in some instances
- Issues with cached data not clearing is still being looked into. In the interim please clear your cache manually under Settings > Clear Cache.
- Issues with friending users will be fixed next release
If you like this release please consider writing an app store review. Thank you!
My Go To Reddit App
The official Reddit app lacks the ability to open links with Safari View Controller (SVC). It has been a feature request for almost a year. I gave Antenna (AMRC) a try because of that and find it much more responsive than the official app. It has more Settings and links can open with SVC. This is my go-to Reddit app now. In 2016, I really appreciate the mute feature. Despite some quirks, this is a daily used app that I really do enjoy using. The latest update improved speed.
Most recent update kills it for me
I love this app and think it's one of the best Reddit clients in the app store but the latest update just ruins it for me. I have a few accounts I cycle through and it will constantly log me into a different account every time I open the app. So if I think I'm commenting under one account I may actually be using a different one until I see it posted. Same with saving links that may be saving under the wrong account until I notice too late.
I've tried just about every Reddit client in the App Store and nothing even comes close to Antenna - a must try/must buy.
* With the addition of 3D Touch to preview items and fix for GIFs not loading properly, this app is now back at the top of the list of my favorite apps. Worth every penny and then some. Thank you!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 03, 2017
- Version: 8.12
- Size: 48.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alistair Leszkiewicz
- © 2012 A M Leszkiewicz
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro upgrade$2.99