Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover the convenience of traveling with Amtrak. With the Amtrak app you can get simple and intuitive access to all the travel information you need, whenever you need it.
• Show your eTicket while onboard, including multi-ride and monthly passes.
• Purchase one-way, roundtrip, multi-ride and monthly tickets
• Check train status
• Search for station information
• Save trip information to your phone calendar
• Load your eTicket into Apple Wallet
• And so much more
All this, without the hassle of your laptop, making calls or printing your ticket.
For help or feedback on the Amtrak app, go to amtrak.com/contact-us.
What's New in Version 2.2.10
Assorted bug fixes
OK but NOT Delta
First I think Delta is the app to aspire too. This app has a lot of problems but sadly if you are a frequent Acela traveler as I am (2x's a week between Stamford and D.C.) there is a lot this app doesn't do. To start:
1) the last update no longer shows your coupon information. I get only a white screen on iPhone 7.
2) jogging between awards and Amtrak app you have to constantly input your member number and password! Why can they capture that once and allow users to jump between the two seamlessly. Very annoying and why I am now dividing my time between Acela and Delta Shuttle even though the latter is less convenient. Fix this app please....from a weekly round trip Acela traveler!
I downloaded this App and everything was going fine right up until I was to secure my tickets. See when I first started to purchase tickets I started researching pricing online and just before I needed to enter my payment information Amtrak ask if I wanted insurance on my trip. If I checked the "YES!" box an additional $9 would be added to my ticket price. Not bad for what the insurance covered. Now I was thinking that it would be nice to add my tickets to Wallet and have them on my phone since I use it a lot, yet when I transferred my transaction process to the App the App doesn't ask or have the option to choose "YES!" for the insurance. Well that is it for me.
They used to have a half way decent app. They've "improved" it and it has gotten nearly useless. It doesn't remember your current reservations now. You have to know each reservation number and look them up. And it STILL doesn't remember them. You have to look up each time. And to make worse, now all too frequently it won't display the ticket due to and error that for some reason makes your ticket inaccessible. A lousy website coupled with increasing prices and more restrictive "rules" is making me return to air travel. It's a shame. Rail would be such a nice alternative. It seems this country just can't get it right. Take some lessons from Europe people.