Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover the convenience of traveling with Amtrak. With the Amtrak app you can get simple and intuitive access to all the travel information you need, whenever you need it.
• Show your eTicket while onboard, including multi-ride and monthly passes.
• Purchase one-way, roundtrip, multi-ride and monthly tickets
• Check train status
• Search for station information
• Save trip information to your phone calendar
• Load your eTicket into Apple Wallet
• And so much more
All this, without the hassle of your laptop, making calls or printing your ticket.
For help or feedback on the Amtrak app, go to amtrak.com/contact-us.
What's New in Version 2.2.8
• Compatible with iOS10
• Rules for new passwords have been updated to improve customer security
• Bug fixes
New app is terrible
I want to look up tickets for next month, but when I start my trip, the cities won't load. They won't load when I search by state either. And my favorite cities didn't load when the app upgrades a year or two ago. Also, I find it to be a FATAL FLAW of the app that you have to have a reservation number to see your trip details EVEN THOUGH you are logged in to the app!!! At 5:00 in the morning I don't have a reservation number handy when I want to double check my departure time. Or when I'm ready to board and want to show the conductor my ticket I shouldn't have to try to log into the app, find a reservation number, search for the ticket when everyone is crushing me to board and Penn Station. That's just nuts and defeats the purpose of using the app for your trip !!!
I also miss the old trip map that showed your location moving along while the train moved, where you could "check in" to the cities you stopped at and track your journey. It was fun.
Worst. App. Ever.
I downloaded this app because I use Amtrak all the time. So when I missed my train boarding time by 2 minutes (the train was still in the station with open doors) I changed my reservation to 2 days later. The app told me the price of the train I was supposed to take and the price of the train I wanted was the same and so I booked it. I came back to the station on the day I was supposed to leave and the app told me I didn't have a ticket. I went to the Amtrak booth and asked if they could find my ticket and print it out for me. Turns out the app didn't move my ticket, so it looked like I just no showed the train and it forfeited my money. So story short I had to buy a whole new ticket (at a higher price) and Amtrak refuses to refund anything or help me in any way. I would give it zero stars if I could.
It's OK, but missing some basic functionality...
I was able to check for trains between two known stops, and purchase tickets. I utilized the app to view my eTicket for the conductor (could not find the Add to Passbook--it's under Menu when viewing the ticket--this would negate the need for internet at the point of use).
What I don't like:
1) unable to use Apple Pay in the app to purchase the ticket (or autofill with saved credit cards)
2) unable to easily see routes in a defined area (California)
3) submitting feedback takes you to the mobile website, without pre-populated fields (and since it is in the app, Autofill is unavailable)--also annoying is the warning to only hit Send once on the page that loads AFTER you hit Send.
Overall, the app is functional, but really could (should) be better. The poor reviews (for the most part) all list things that are not impossible to add, and would make for a much better app.