Analyze your Chess game with a powerful Chess engine (Stockfish). Check out what the Engine says about the given position and the human evaluation.
The best Analysis App with Stockfish, multiple engine lines and ability to open thousands of PGN games in few seconds!
* Setup any position on the board with the Position Setup feature
* Paste any PGN or FEN via Clipboard
* Play against Stockfish (Pro Only)
* Choice of different Board colors
* Auto replay moves so that you can sit back and check out the game
* Swipe board top-down to Flip it. Swipe board left/right to move back and forth through the game or load next game
/**GAMES & PGN**/
* Save games to your collection
* Share the game via email or other Apps or share the board as Image!
* Search PGN or your games collection by Players or ECO
* Load games from pgn files (load them via email/browser or iTunes)
* Load game directly from Follow Chess, iChess or Chess Book Study iOS App
* Add comments to your game, delete moves and more
* Share your games collection as .pgn via Email etc
* Start/Stop engine and view multilpe Engine lines
* Enter your own moves and analyze with the Engine
* Tap on the engine suggested move to play it on board or touch and hold to add complete line to game
* Option to hide engine arrow (so that you think for yourself!)
Free vs Pro:
* Auto Replay moves (Pro only)
* New board designs (Pro only)
* Play vs Stockfish (Pro only)
* Free version has Ads
The following features are currently NOT part of this version and are expected to be released in a future update:
* Change Engine Settings
Fixed a crash in Share - Save Image (Thanks Michael)
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, unparalleled developers
I downloaded this app and it had some problems on my iPad Pro initially. I emailed the developers and they were great at communicating with me to try to fix the problem. Within a few days, everything was not only fixed but improved upon. I have never been more impressed with the communication from app developers before.
I was trying to find an app to be able to analyize my own games and create my own database for my iPad (which is a lot more rare than one might think). Upon emailing other apps, they only had things to say such as, "maybe we will include that in the future". The analyze this developers were emailing me back and forth multiple times a day to try and fix the app. They actually care about the quality of their product.
The app is not the prettiest app in the world, but it works. Hopefully they will continue on the path of hard work that I have seen to further improve the app and create more features. Definitely a necessity for serious chess players with an ipad.
Crashes often but still unique on iOS
Using the Pro version, it frequently crashes on an iPad Pro iOS 12. E.g. go to settings and try to change the board and it crashes every time. Square Off sends games to this app for analysis. So bad for Square Off too. Have had to uninstall/reinstall to change the visual settings (don’t forget to export saved games).
On the plus side, uses stockfish, which is a very good engine for quick analyses. Can enter the main analysis line as a variation. Allows saved games to be updated with the variations, so saving often makes makes up for the crashes.
Has a minor cosmetic flaw: the stockfish score and depth in landscape orientation overflows on the video buttons for stopping and stopping analysis and adding analysis lines.
Would be even better if it allowed not just the main analysis line to be entered as a variation.
I gained over 300 ELO points in 2017 using this app!
I have spent countless hours holding my chess book in one hand and playing through the variations on “Analyze This” with my other while relaxing on my couch. I feel like this is possibly the most efficient form of chess study that is possible, especially when working through a chess book. Additionally, Asim and his team have been very prompt responding to emails and even released an update today to address my specific issues. Their customer service is very “old school” in a good way... Asim certainly strikes me as a “principles over money” kind of guy who loves and believes in his products. 1498 to 1822 USCF while using this app in 2017... can’t wait to see what 2018 brings! :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.