The acclaimed Trail Guide to the Body musculoskeletal anatomy resource is now available in an interactive app. This user-friendly tool is beneficial for students and practitioners in manual therapy, physical therapy, athletic training, pilates and other professions that require musculoskeletal anatomy knowledge.
AnatomyMapp® offers a wide array of features to help you ace your next exam or educate your clients:
• All 364 cards from the Trail Guide to the Body flashcards. These include 144 muscles, 61 bone and bony landmarks, 50 joint and ligaments and 64 common movements, including the synergists and antagonists
• Pins that identify muscles, bones and bony landmarks
• Navigation directly from muscle groups to individual muscles
• Multiple options to test your musculoskeletal anatomy knowledge by: 1) answering multiple-choice questions (muscle cards only) 2) locating specific structures, and 3) identifying AOIN points. The quiz questions were developed from the Trail Guide to the Body workbook.
• Bookmark specific cards you can review later
• Table of Contents with an easy-to-search capability. You can search on all cards or only cards that you have bookmarked
• Page reference on each card for the Trail Guide to the Body textbook
• Zoom into illustrations for more detail using pinch touch
• Flip the cards to view illustrations on one side, details on the other (movement and muscle cards only)
• Navigate directly from muscle groups to individual muscles
• Help button to guide you through options available in the app
A great on-the-go educational tool. Designed to be viewed in portrait mode.
What do you think? If you have any comments or suggestions we’d like to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
More than 1,700 bodywork schools have chosen Trail Guide to the Body products for their students. It is sold in 38 countries. AnatomyMapp® is a registered trademark of Books of Discovery.
Muscle names are now pronounced even if the mute switch is engaged. Other small updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Highly useful app for learning muscle and bone anatomy.
I first purchased this app back in 2012 when I started massage school, and I still find it useful to this day. This app is great for studying and learning the bones and muscles, and it is great for refreshing your memory too. It has a fun feature where it tells you to locate the bone or muscle and you have to click on it and get it right. When looking at individual muscles, you can swipe the screen and it "flips" the card and on the back it says the origin, insertion, action, innervation, and location. I use it regularly so I don't forget my anatomy, and sometimes I use it as a visual reference for my clients so they can see what muscles I am talking about too. This app has never really glitched on me, and I have been using it on my iPhones and iPads over the years. This app is excellent for helping one study for the Mblex exam too.
I chose to buy the bundle rather than use the flash cards for my kinesiology class. This app not only offers everything the flash cards do but they are conveniently waiting in your phone. Each section references the page number of the accompanying book and workbook so you can see it on paper and look at the surrounding chapter. This app is worth any amount of money it cost... just the cost savings in flash cards alone has saved me double! The only thing I would ask the developer to add to future versions is audio pronunciation in the anatomy map app because the flash cards have points you to tap to name the structure it it on and it would help to have an option to have the name sounded out because some of them are a little hard to say....
I have been using this app for years. It has taken me through countless classes and I still refer back to it very often. Easy to navigate through, read, understand and remember. I only wish some videos would accompany the Movements sections. Other than that it is hands down the best (and I have them all) anatomy app there is.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.