Anchor - Radio by the people
By Anchor FM Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Anchor is radio by the people, where any voice can join the conversation.
Anchor makes it easy to broadcast short audio clips to a global audience in seconds. Your listeners can talk back, sparking instant group conversations that were never before possible. When not recording, listen to authentic humor, knowledge, inspiration, and debate from Anchor’s global collective of personality.
With Anchor, you can:
* Easily broadcast 2 minute audio clips. Think mini-podcasts. Recording is as simple as talking on the telephone
* Respond to anyone else with your voice, instantly creating a conversation
* Listen to hours of interesting audio from people all over the world, just like listening to the radio
* Discover people to follow based on your interests, or by connecting your contacts and Twitter account
* Share any conversation to iMessage, Facebook, Twitter, SMS, or email
* Embed recordings on your website, blog, or Medium post
* Listen to entire conversations on the web, just like listening to a podcast
Have feedback or need help? Talk to us on Anchor by using the #support hashtag. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us on Twitter @anchor.
If you enjoy using Anchor, please leave us a nice review. It really helps!
What's New in Version 1.3.2
Bug fixes related to v1.3.1
Ahoy there! We've been hard at work on another big improvement to recording in Anchor. You can now (drumroll please)...
*** add background tracks!! ***
When you're done with your wave, swipe to scroll through a bunch of great background tracks, ranging from the sound of a thunderstorm to some nice 8bit music. Keep an eye out - we'll be adding new tracks all the time!
(Also, recording is super pretty now.)
A whole Lotta fun
Anchor is an app where you can have conversations with people from across the globe. You can reply to conversations and get to know new people. You can decide which people and conversations you want to get involved in. I found the anchor community to be very helpful and thoughtful.
I have only had this app for a few days and have some of the most meaningful conversations with people I've had in years.
Fav new app
I am in love with this app!!! I've been wanting to start a podcast and this place has given me a way to share with others and the community is so supportive and kind. Best app ever