Anchor is the best way to make your podcast. It’s the only app that lets you create and host unlimited episodes and distribute your show everywhere. All in one place, all for free.
MAKE YOUR PODCAST
* Record your podcast from anywhere, or import existing audio
* Easily record remotely with cohosts and friends, no matter where they’re located
* Beautiful, visual episode builder makes it easy to arrange the audio in your episodes
* Trim or edit your recordings with mobile-friendly tools designed specifically for podcasting
* Add smart background tracks and transitions from our huge, built-in library of audio
* Collect voice messages from your listeners and add them to your episodes
GET IT HEARD
* Host unlimited episodes for free
* Distribute your podcast everywhere people are listening, including Apple Podcasts, with just one tap
GROW YOUR AUDIENCE
* Track performance with cross-platform analytics
* Share your podcast anywhere with beautiful embeds and videos
* Listen to shows on Anchor and discover amazing independent podcasts
* Fully compatible with split screen (try recording with the Notes app open if you need talking points!)
* Drag in audio from any compatible app on your iPad to add it to your episode builder or your Library
You can now search your library for all the audio you've ever created or uploaded to Anchor. This update also includes some other nice bug fixes and improvements.
If you enjoy using Anchor, please leave us a nice review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
I’m starting to regret taking my business to this app! I stayed up till 12:55am today to edit my 2nd podcast episode, which btw the only way I can actually edit a podcast is by using both the app on my phone and editing it on my computer. Shortly after my new episode was up and I was eager to share it I went to back on the app to clear my library of the clips I recorded. But instead of taking me back to my library it brought me to a new episode page that looked very similar to the library. I started to delete the audio, when all of the sudden I realized what was actually happening. I ended up deleting every piece of audio on all my episodes! All my hard work down the drain just cause the app is terrible! Why didn't take me to the home page or the library where I left off?! Now I have to break it to all my friends I record with that all our work is now gone! I had high hopes for myself starting a podcast show with my friends, but now because of this app idk what my next steps are. This app may look like it has positive reviews, but I assure you once you get on all the flaws will hit you right away. This app also still crashes frequently even after they said they’ll fix it!
Great app but..
This is a great app to get started on creating podcast. My friend and I just got approved for Apple podcasts and pocket cast in a matter of days! The only thing keeping me from giving it a full five star review are the two following problems. The first one, the app needs to include a way to trim unnecessary audio recordings. There has been plenty of times where we are 15-20 mins recording and we get distracted by something and end up recording 2-3 mins off topic and guess what? We have to record again since we can’t trim the audio recording! That is very frustrating. The second problem, whatever the app does it kills my phone’s battery! No joke! Just today we recorded a 11 min episode and my phone went from 86% to 58% that was unbelievable. And before you say it must’ve been something else..no I have background data restricted on all apps with exception of Anchor, Mail, Clash Royale, and Play music. When I launch this app I close out of everything and only laugh this app and I connect to WiFi. Once those two problems are taken care of I will gladly change my ratings!
Is it really this bad?
I’m a bit dumbfounded. You have to hold down on the record button to record, and as soon as you let go with your thumb, it stops recording and go straight to a published now page. It does not allow you to add on to that recording. Another way you can record is by putting the phone up to your ear. Once again when you pull the phone down it starts recording starts trying to publish that podcast. Let’s hope you don’t have to scratch your nose or something. This app sounds so compelling with its meet up with other people with similar interest in the group or joint podcast, but these fundamental basic user issues are beyond my ability to comprehend. I’m sure it’s there somewhere, but I couldn’t even find a delete button to delete my first random scratch audio take. Is there any other app in the world where you have to physically be touching the record button on the screen for it to record? Am I missing something? With the rating of over four stars I’m just really confused.
Developer Response ,
Hi there and sorry for any trouble or confusion here. If you press the record button down and slide your finger up, it will lock the recording into place so you don't need to hold it down. There should be a tip when recording that states that but if it's not showing, let us know so we can get that fixed up! And if you're having any issues at all with deletion, just tap the '...' icon next to the audio in your 'Profile' tab and that will let you delete it. If you have any further trouble just email email@example.com so we can assist!
- Anchor FM Inc.
- 99.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Anchor FM Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.