Anchor — Radio, Reinvented
By Anchor FM Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Anchor is a whole new way to experience audio. It's the first platform built for an audio-first world.
As featured in:
* The New York Times
* The Verge
* Business Insider
* The Boston Globe
In Anchor, everyone has a station. Stations are made up of bite-sized segments (voice, music, news, sound effects) that make it super easy to discover, hear, and share your new favorite audio. When you hear something you love, applaud it. (It’s a Like you can actually hear!)
Whatever you’re into, we can almost guarantee there’s a station on Anchor about it. Some examples:
* Craving news you can trust? Get first-person reports from journalists, academics, and humans all over the world.
* Sports fan? Take your pick of daily hot takes from experts and superfans of every athletic pursuit you can imagine.
* Looking for your new favorite song? Listen to stations from your favorite musicians, bands, and labels.
* Obsessed with mother nature? Follow along with scientists and jungle explorers to get up close and personal with the animal kingdom.
* Love reality tv? Hear former Bachelor contestants cover all the drama and gossip you crave from the universe of the Bachelor Nation.
* Super into Googling random medical problems? Hear real life doctors answering questions and talking about all kinds of medicine news and stories from the OR.
* Into video games, comedy, philosophy, tech, politics, horror movies, robot voices? Want a personalized station to give you news and weather every morning? Those are on Anchor too.
* Love podcasts? Hear recommendations and sound bites from some of the most well known pods to undiscovered gems that you need to hear.
...we could go on, but you should really just take a listen for yourself.
And if your favorite topic isn’t a thing yet on Anchor, make it yourself! You can instantly broadcast your voice, sound bites from the news, call-ins from your listeners, high-quality interludes designed by world-class musicians and sound designers, and even full tracks from Apple Music and Spotify. Anchor uses the familiar Stories format you already know and love - so anything you add to your station will be available for 24 hours (unless you decide to save or export it). It’s like having an entire sound booth in your pocket, packed with all the tools you can imagine.
Have feedback or need help? Find us on Twitter at @anchor, or email email@example.com.
If you enjoy using Anchor, please leave us a nice review. It really helps!
What's New in Version 2.1.0
Hello! Here is an all new version of the Anchor application for your enjoyment. What's new:
* A much-improved Discover section. See all of the current best stations in categories like Tech, Gaming, TV & Movies, and more!
* Bug fixes that'll make your iPhone happy.
If you enjoy the new Anchor, please leave us a nice review - it really helps!
Version 2.0 release notes:
Welcome to the all-new version of Anchor! Here's what's new:
* Complete redesign of Anchor, with a focus on an amazing listening experience and brand new, innovative creation tools
* Discover, hear, and share your new favorite audio shows (don’t believe us? go listen!) in a familiar Stories format that means everything you hear is always fresh
* Meet Applause: the Like you can actually hear. Other listeners will hear your applause, for a unique shared listening experience unlike anything else you've heard. You can even applaud when your phone is * locked by gently knocking on the back of your phone!
* Listeners can call in to shows to ask questions or add commentary
* Record your voice and add background tracks (recording is as easy as ever, with Anchor's signature telephone mode recording)
* Add music to your station (powered by Apple Music and Spotify)
* Add external sound bites and upload your own pre-existing audio
* Get personalized news and weather powered by Dark Sky
* Use 3D Touch from your phone’s home screen to quickly record or add audio to your station
Anchor brings a new "radio" experience to users. With this app, you can listen to and record your very own radio station. Absolutely great concept. Some station "favoriting" may need some work. The applause feature is cool! Great app!
Ads - <sigh>
Have been away from Anchor for awhile. Opened the app today after the update. Very sorry to hear ads embedded in the content. I wanted to record this comment directly in Anchor, but the navigation tools are very confusing now. Oh, well . . .
I had high hopes...
But those were dashed when I just now learned that what I record only stays for 24 hours.
I'd like to be able to go back and see what's developed on subjects. Anything I've recorded is gone.
The whole world isn't Snapchat.
Not everyone wants that model.
I think I don't want this app anymore. #SorryNotSorry