Anchor — Record your own podcast or radio show
By Anchor FM Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make cool audio on your phone and share it anywhere you want.
Anchor makes it easy to make your own podcast or radio show in seconds.
As seen in Apple's keynote at the 2017 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC)!
As featured in:
* The New York Times
* The Verge
* Business Insider
* Paste Magazine
* The Next Web
* The Boston Globe
In Anchor, everyone has a station. Stations are made up of bite-sized segments (voice, music, news, sound effects, interviews) that make it super easy to discover, hear, and share your new favorite audio. When you hear something you love, applaud it. (It’s a Like you can actually hear!)
Whatever you’re into, we can almost guarantee there’s a station on Anchor about it. Some examples:
* Craving news you can trust? Get first-person reports from journalists, academics, and humans all over the world.
* Sports fan? Take your pick of daily hot takes from experts and superfans of every athletic pursuit you can imagine.
* Looking for your new favorite song? Listen to stations from your favorite musicians, bands, and labels.
* Obsessed with mother nature? Follow along with scientists and jungle explorers to get up close and personal with the animal kingdom.
* Love reality tv? Hear former Bachelor contestants cover all the drama and gossip you crave from the universe of the Bachelor Nation.
* Super into Googling random medical problems? Hear real life doctors answering questions and talking about all kinds of medicine news and stories from the OR.
* Into video games, comedy, philosophy, tech, politics, horror movies, robot voices? Want a personalized station to give you news and weather every morning? Those are on Anchor too.
* Love podcasts? Hear recommendations and sound bites from some of the most well known pods to undiscovered gems that you need to hear.
...we could go on, but you should really just take a listen for yourself.
And if your favorite topic isn’t a thing yet on Anchor, make it yourself! You can instantly broadcast your voice, sound bites from the news, call-ins from your listeners, high-quality interludes designed by world-class musicians and sound designers, phone calls with your friends, and even full tracks from Apple Music and Spotify. Anchor uses the familiar Stories format you already know and love - so anything you add to your station will be available for 24 hours (unless you decide to save or export it). It’s like having an entire sound booth in your pocket, packed with all the tools you can imagine.
Have feedback or need help? Find us on Twitter at @anchor, or email email@example.com.
If you enjoy using Anchor, please leave us a nice review. It really helps!
What's New in Version 2.5.2
- Fixed an issue that was causing some songs to not show up in search results. You can now add any song from Spotify or Apple Music to your station (and anything that's not available from those services, we'll now do a better job of letting you know). Hurray!
- Other small bug fixes and UI improvements
So glad to have this app and I'm having a great time with it. I'm a Gen X'er and so many of us are frontin' about technology. We act like we know, but we don't have a clue. We know old school way. Podcast is something I've been wanting to do here in Hawaii. We got slit to talk about over here. It's starts with the way the state has been governed. I wanna lay some true facts and eliminate the Aloha flowers, because dammmit! I love living here and so many of us are moving out and living in Vegas to get out cost of living down. The problem is when we get there it's the same dog different flea, so we end up moving back to this island, and what have we accomplished? That is the topic of my show at localbiz808, the show will be called, "Our Paradigm". I'm so excited about this app that I'm over writing and I know you guys love every word I've posted for this review. I haven't done a full show and just looking at all the bells and whistles of this app; you are bringing back 'sexy' on the radio again. Mahalo fo' dat cuz, shooots den...
Featured Station and I'm Loving Anchor.
I love Anchor. Hearing other featured stations in the Business category let's me know that I am in great company. However, I did notice that after this recent update, I am not able to publish my call-ins. Please fix this bug. Thanks in advance.
Makes it possible to make a radio show with my phone.